Author Topic: Search function  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Search function
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:47:55 pm »
Why is it when trying to use the search engine that the 1 page of results that normally show up are from 2006-2007? Do I have to make some changes? Has anyone else experienced this same problem?
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Search function
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:07:05 pm »
Yep, I get that too.  I think that's the way the forum search was set up:  earliest posts first....  and I don't think it can be changed without some fundamental redesign of the way the search function works.

Wish I could be more helpful.  The way I do a search is just do a LOT of scrolling though the old posts.   Sometimes I will sort the posts by view count (most popular first) but that the most popular posts are not always the most informative.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Search function
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:00:53 am »
It's usually kind of mixed for me.  I just did a test search and I got most results from around 07 and 08 and one from 2013.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!