Author Topic: Starting Questions  (Read 1006 times)

ash4

Starting Questions
« on: March 12, 2013, 04:42:04 pm »
I will be taking a Basic Flint Knapping class next month. Do you think it would be a wise move to purchase a starter kit of tools before the class or wait until after the class? What source would anyone recommend for a starter kit of tools?

Thanks, in advance...

Offline Hunts with stone

Re: Starting Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:35:36 pm »
One will they supply you with tools there to learn? If not then you'll need to get a kit. Look for solid copper bobber3/4", ishi stick pressure flaker, And a braider, hand pad, leg pad, Safety glasses, Band-Aids. Then you're good to go. Do some web searches and price around for Flint knapping tools. Thats my 2 cents.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 07:23:34 pm »
I would wait to attend unless they have given you a list of stuff to bring for tools. Chances are you will get a better idea of the essential tools needed to suit your needs. Post your question again after your class to save time and money. Wealth of knowledge on this forum ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Stringman

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:11:20 pm »
Been at it a few years myself and bought very few tools. You might realize after taking the class that you can make your own too. Helps to save money and make a custom fit.

Scott