Author Topic: Tennessee Classic!!!!!  (Read 2746 times)

Offline JEB

Tennessee Classic!!!!!
« on: March 23, 2013, 06:47:27 pm »
Just went to the mailbox and got my latest issue of Primitive Archer Magazine.  Another great read.

A very good article about a recon marine Cpl Walker making a bow in Afganistan using local materials including horn tip overlays and goat sinew.  But the article that really got my attention was the story about the Tennessee Classic.  I am planning on go for the first time this year and I have talked about it a lot around the house.  The article included some photos that I showed my wife, Chris.  She recognized some of the cast of characters that was in the article.  She remembered seeing Pappy Bagget  and Matt Wirwicki at Elm Hall in Michigan in the past.  She is not going because of work but remarked as I left the room," looks like you are going to have a good time". 

I am really looking forward to this weekend of bow making, flintknapping and shooting.

On a side note I helped open up an archery range at Camp Hansen, Afganistan while working with the Camp Cuervo Archery Club.  I gathered bows, arrows, arm guards, gloves and tabs and sent them to a Lt. Penny, USMC. About a month later Lt. Penny sent me photo's of Marines shooting archery equipment at the makeshift archery range.

Offline seabass

Re: Tennessee Classic!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:22:18 pm »
see you there Jeb.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 09:44:08 pm »
Looking forward to meeting you, Jeb.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:27:28 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you in Tennessee!  Glad you liked the article.   :)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Will H

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 03:55:30 pm »
Come on down! Were gonna have a ball ;)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »
Be like me and go early and stay late.  Lots of fun, food, and friends.

Offline Two Feathers

• Happiness is a crooked bow and straight arrow.
    • White Pillars Estate
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 10:44:32 pm »
Yep, I agree.  The most meaningful article in the Apr/May issue of PA is on the Tennessee Classic.  I love learning about making bows, arrows, tanning hides, flint knapping, shooting and have worked at it on my own for a while now; but, the thing that makes it most  enjoyable is being with others that love the same things and are dedicated to helping one another.  It is more than a community, more than a gathering, and more than a forum for primitive archery...it is a family of enthusiasts and the feeling of family is really present at Twin Oaks.  I am excited about my first Tennessee Classic!
Gary Forrester
"Two Feathers"
Spring Valley, OH

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 09:16:34 am »
The magazine was great ,read most of it yesterday, Matt thanks for the story about our little piece of Heaven. The story was good and the pictures were outstanding. Nice job. Looking forward to seeing you again Jeb. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 11:06:29 am »
It was my pleasure, Pappy.  What  you and the Twin Oaks members do makes the Classic what it is. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline JEB

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 11:11:48 am »
Been looking forward to this one ever since you first posted it.  I have been going to many trad shoots in Michigan for many years and with me getting on in life I decided to catch a couple of out of state shoots while I can and the Classic was my first choice.  Maybe next year I will catch one in Pennsylvania.