Author Topic: Slinging  (Read 6934 times)

Offline Christian Soldier

Re: Slinging
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 01:12:20 pm »
Hey man what is the website for slinging. I thought it was posted but I cant find it maybe I dumb but I have be interested in getting a sling for years. I saw a history channel show where a professional slinger  from somewhere in eastern Europe proved that David could have really killed Golith. I slung a stone and it hit a human skill with a metal helmet and completely crushed the nose guard and cracked the skull right above the nose. If you can help me out that would be awesome. I just need to see a few more to get and idea on making a few for me. Thanks

Slinging.org. feel free to join the foruma and tell them Dan sent ya.  ;)

The guy to whom you are reffering is Luis Pons Livermore. He's something of a celebrity in the slinging world. Kind of like the Byron Fergunson of slinging. He's also on the forum and can be contacted under the username 'balearic-sling'.

We'd be happy to have you. The sling is a truly awesome weapon.
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 04:37:19 am »
JW_Halverson
There was some guy named David that used to talk about slinging.  But that was a  long time ago.  I heard he got into music and eventually got into government.

In fact, our own modern government took his example, of the use of the " Lyre", and it is in use in every session of Congress to this very day! ::) :P  Of course, I think they misinterpreted it's meaning as a musical instrument, but it is spelled a little differently now, but still pronounced the same. ;D Speaking of slings, I used to play with one when I was a kid, but never got real serious with it, I could send a nice rock in close proximity of where I wanted it to go.  But my Friends and I just got into seeing who could fling the largest rock, the farthest, and not going for accuracy.  If needed accuracy was to come up, we would opt for a herd, flock, or crowd, ..... sling, and let God direct it to whichever individual needed it the most. ;D ;D ::) :P
                                                          Wayne
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:47:39 am by stickbender »

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 04:40:56 am »
[quote author=Pekane
 The nurses think it's  sweet that I'm "secure enough" to do braiding projects.  I don't get to practice much with them since what little free time I have is sucked up by a baby and girlfriend, and 4 other hobbies that I'm more obsessed with
[/quote]

Uh...... you talking Nurses, or Slings?   ::) ;D ;D

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 08:46:44 am »
Quote from: Pekane

The nurses think it's  sweet that I'm "secure enough" to do braiding projects.  I don't get to practice much with them since what little free time I have is sucked up by a baby and girlfriend, and 4 other hobbies that I'm more obsessed with

Uh...... you talking Nurses, or Slings?   ::) ;D ;D
Either, but if i did, one of the two would get me killed :)
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 09:09:23 am »

grew up with slings and shooters and stilts!  Back then we could get red innertubes for the rubbers for the shooters and made the slings with boot tongues and leather lace strings.  My Indian granddad could send a rock plumb out of sight.  My youngest brother Danny was deadly and mean with his sling and carried one in his back pocket even when he grew up!  He killed a jack rabbit with a sling when he was about ten years old!    Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight