Author Topic: Archery Target  (Read 11642 times)

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
Re: Archery Target
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 02:17:14 pm »
Like bow101 said, you can get lots of styrofoam scraps at large construction sites. They are happy to get rid of it, it blows around on the project site and the construction managed jumps on them for the mess. I usually find the 1/2" to 3/4" tuff R type up to the 1 1/2" to 2" pink sheating type. If they know you want it, many times they will stack it up and put a block on it for you.
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 04:55:07 pm »
Without pics your targets dont exist!!!!
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline dmc

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 02:05:08 am »
I had the same target bag for about 10 years. I stuffed burlap sacks with shrink wrap from a grocery store. If you double up the burlap sacks by placing one inside the other, the arrow hole heals up similar to a foam deer target. I got the idea from one of the early editions from the 90's from Primative Archery magazine. I lent it to a young guy that was just getting into recurve shooting, so he has it now. It literally stands up to 1000's of shots. I don't shoot broad heads into it though, as it is a real bugger to get the arrow out. Judo points tend to tear it up a bit, but it is perfect for field points.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 11:23:21 pm »
Scout, It took me a few days to get the time to take pics.  Here goes, I took these today. 1st, Where we start shooting from, note treestand.  2nd,  zoom from start down range. Look to the end and see the feedsack target in middle and lawnchair target on left. Some of my pics are too big, so you won't get the full gammit of it. There are targets on the hill too, no really, there are.  ;) 3rd, looking back from the other end. 4th and 5th, the foam targets I found @ the lake, I saw this style in the last PA and ran right out and drew it on the foam w/ sharpy, the first pic is the second one I did, my pens were old and the foam damp.  There you go, I'm gonna try another pic, it's 205KB in another post, ifin it don't show up, you won't see it.   ;)

have a gooder, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 11:30:26 pm »
Let's give this a try, 205KB comin through the dial-up!!

This is looking back down from the first hill target to the main range.  Note in the down range shot the throwing rounds farther left.  There is one more behind me @ the 2nd hill shot.  The second hill shot is the other feedsack target, both have rooster heads on them.  >:D

:( it didn't work.  Maybe later I'll try to take more pics.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

FAW

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 12:05:25 pm »
Anyone residing near marinas can have a ready source of target material, right about this time of year, when workers are unwrapping their customer's boats of the shrink wrap they have been encased in over the Winter. One covering will last a lifetime, if you cut it up into 4 foot squares and stuff it into bags, boxes, whatever. Targets made from this are rugged, waterproof, and extremely light.