Author Topic: Kids bows for Moses lake shoot  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Granite Mtn

Kids bows for Moses lake shoot
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:42:10 am »
Here is a couple pics , I hope! Of a bunch of bows I made last week for the Moses Lake Rock Shoot.  It is the best shoot I have ever been to now I will be taking 6 8 to 11 year olds so it should be a blast!  The joy of a well shot arrow is mesmerizing no matter what the age!  I have not posted since I shut down my bow shop in Alaska. I have been building very few bows for the last two years as I am working out of a garage.  I will have my new shop built by fall and will resume bow classes and custom bows when finished. The bows in the photos are getting finish. They include 2 yew silk backed long bows one silk backed elm flat bow one silk backed elm longbow two sinew backed elm bows and one sinew and snake backed Osage adult bow.

Offline Granite Mtn

Re: Kids bows for Moses lake shoot
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 06:45:53 am »
I can't resize pics on phone? Sorry

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:50:29 am »
This might work!

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 06:51:31 am »
Yes!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 06:54:54 am »
Good looking bunch of bows,looks like you been busy. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 06:58:18 am »
Oh I looked at the pic there is also a ocean spay rawhide backed with a fiberglass handle joining two billets.  Ps to post pics on an iPhone just email them back to yourself, you get the option to resize photo then save it back to photo library then you can post the pics.

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 10:36:52 am »
Nice your a busy man. If you go to itunes im sure you can find free photo editing app for your phone. Or go into the setting and change how the phone saves thr pictures.  Hope this helps nice work with the bows though ;)
Always learning something new.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 01:20:56 pm »
What a lovely spread! ;D   Hope to see you at Moses Lake.  This will be the first year for me.  Sounds like lots of fun. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline randman

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 02:26:03 pm »
Those are beauties Granite! Looks like you got quite the setup there. Looks like a bow shop to me (even if it is a garage). Where are you located? Just a wild guess but somewhere near Granite Mt. here on Snoqualmie Pass? I'm in Seattle. When is that Moses Lake shoot?
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 02:56:54 pm »
April 19th weekend is the shoot.  Granite Mtn is the place I shot my first caribou, got charged by a bull caribou, stalked by a bear, had to haul the caribou three miles back to the plane.  When I got back I had left the master switch on so I hand propped an Cessna 207 with a hartzell three blade prop.  I had primed it to much, and a little to much throttle so it jumped the bundles of survey stake I was using as chalks, I caught up with the plane before it went off the cliff but by a hair.  Think total Patrick McManis ?sp.  Anyhow when it came to naming my bow company that place just stuck out so I used it!  I am near Spokane Wa .  I f you make it to the shoot look me up I will be in or around the tipi!