Author Topic: West Michigan Bowyers  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Drifter

West Michigan Bowyers
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:12:05 pm »
Hey Guys,
Just moved to Pentwater, MI in October how many fellow bowyers are in the area? I'm new to building selfbows and could use some buds to shoot with and gets some tips from! I harvested a Osage tree in Jan and got 3 6ft logs got one split up and 2 more to go so if anyone wants to do some trading I could really use some seasoned wood to play with this spring and summer also have a couple Ash trees that will be felled this spring if anyone wants any Ash staves. Oh and I can get cedar to but haven't hauled it out of the swamp yet.
Chad Orde  :)

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
Re: West Michigan Bowyers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 12:02:29 am »
i would love to get together. im in sparta, just north of grand rapids. about an hour away.
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.

Offline Drifter

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 12:24:08 am »
Sparta that's not to far we should go do some stumping one day. Is there any good 3d ranges in the area by you or state land to go roving on?
Chad

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:34:41 am »
as a matter of fact sparta's hunting and fishing club has a huge 3d range, and a huge acreage of state land in sparta. the squirrel and rabbit hunting here are top notch, too.
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 01:48:45 am »
I'm not in your area but I have a friend who lives in Pentwater. It's a lovely little village. If I'm ever out there visiting maybe we can meet up.

Offline DGF

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:27 am »
I'm in Grand Rapids. Pretty new to bow building myself, but learning and loving it. If this weather ever gets any better it'd be nice to get a few guys together do do some shooting.

You should try to make Marshall this year. Excellent time with lots of primitive shooting to be had.

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 07:22:40 am »
+1 on making it to Marshall in may....you'll meet the majority of the Michigan crew...good folks for sure  ;)

Offline Drifter

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 09:21:11 am »
Yes I will deffinety plan on heading to Marshal in May, would like to go to TN Classic but don't know if that's in the cards the year. Once the spring weather hits we should get together and do some shooting be a good time for sure.
Chad