Author Topic: Waiting at the resturant  (Read 1311 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Waiting at the resturant
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:14:58 pm »
Made this while waiting to get a table at texas roadhouse some uvaldes  gravel

Next time i should carry  my pressure flakers
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Waiting at the resturant
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:29:29 pm »
My daughter works at the Texas Roadhouse and I told my wife I was going to park where there was no windows. >:D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 10:42:03 pm »
 I like that stuff! 1442 sent me some for the pith and I really enjoy working it. Lucky dogs, free peanuts and knapping rock while waiting to eat :)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 04:22:21 am »
You know I wondered if anyone else has while out with family at resteraunt saw flint in the landscaping and looked over your shoulder..uh yeah honey I got to use the bathroom Be right back!!! :o.. similar story was at a time share and right out my room a nice Osage tree..sat out there all night with a steak knife trying to hack off a branch...

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 08:04:44 am »
I had a BBQ place I ate at while working in Pasadena, Texas. I always parked where there were no windows and got me a few to play with when I got back to work. They had some big nodules of Perd's in the landscape.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 08:59:03 pm »
I've done that so many times, my wife even will pick some up (we are currently in the Houston area till June) and ask if it would work for knapping. The best in the area is the new Olive Garden in Richmond!
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline Adam

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:31 pm »
Thanks for the idea guys!  Might have to hit up the Roadhouse in the next few days.  My wife and I like it there too, so win-win.

Offline seider

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 12:51:45 am »
I did the same thing at a hotel in san antonio at a hotel across the street from our hotel seen it going to get something to eat.  I sat down on the curb and found a hammer stone and banged out a little point no notches but I had 6 people gather around and watch..  The next year we stayed in that hotel and left a debage pile on the balcony and a point each day for the housekeeper
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.