Author Topic: My 2013 "Classic" experience  (Read 9605 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: My 2013 "Classic" experience
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 01:36:10 am »
It was great to meet you Pearlie. You really ain't all that bad.  ;) Thanks for the carp skins too. They will take a place of honor on the new static recurve I'm in the process of building.

ps. just click your curser under the pic or limk and type.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Roy

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 07:51:40 am »
Nice pictures, Chris.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 09:27:07 am »
Didn't get a chance to say goodbye Pearlie, but glad I had the chance to meet you.  I stayed at the hotel with my wife Friday night and we head out Saturday after saying some goodbyes in the AM.  See you next time and good pictures!
1’—>1’

blackhawk

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 10:03:55 am »
I'll try to get some pics up of pappy handing you the trade bow he made ya pal...you have a really big grin n red faced  >:D  :laugh:  glad ya finally came down for a classic....now ya know all the ranting n raving I told ya about was for real,  and then some ;)

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 12:07:33 pm »
I had a ball too, Pearl. It was great to meet you and the rest of the guys n gals. I was thinkin you didn't get to stay long, but then realized you guys got there early...when it was dry. We did get a reprieve from the rain Sat. afternoon, though, for a while. I've gotta a few pics I'll share, when I get some time in another post
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 12:27:37 pm »
Didn't get a chance to say goodbye Pearlie, but glad I had the chance to meet you.  I stayed at the hotel with my wife Friday night and we head out Saturday after saying some goodbyes in the AM.  See you next time and good pictures!

It was nice to meet you and the "Boss" SUPER SECRET SQUIRREL! Our big PA world turned into a little one for a few days, so cool.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 12:29:29 pm »
It was great to meet you Pearlie. You really ain't all that bad.  ;) Thanks for the carp skins too. They will take a place of honor on the new static recurve I'm in the process of building.

Cant wait to see what you come up with Pat, Im sure it will be a beauty as they all are.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 01:43:33 pm »
Hey Chris!! Good to meet you in TN! We did get wet Friday night and most of Saturday too.  It was nice Sunday though and the course wasn't as muddy as I thought it would be.  Again, Great to meet you Pearly.  dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Stringman

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 04:05:20 pm »
The guy cooking the eggs is Pearly's brother in law.  He was our camp cook.  Before he showed up I was eating pringles for breakfast and cold spaghettios out of a can for dinner.  Once he got there I was having bacon, eggs, and biscuits for breakfast, and grilled chicken for dinner.  All cooked over the fire.  I was impressed!

Man that chicken was amazing! Tell your bro-n-law Thanks so much!! We didn't stop by just to eat, honest! O:)

I agree, it's nice to finally put faces with the names.

Scott

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 04:53:45 pm »
Pearly
It was not that bad the pitterpatter of the rain and the rocking of the air mattress by the waves , best rest I have had in ages !!
And the lesson in bladder control crawling out of bed into cold water in the AM was good for me also !!
Whats not to love about the Classic !!
All ways more to learn !!
See ya in a few days !
Marshall here we come !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

blackhawk

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 06:08:25 pm »
Here's a pic of pappy giving Chris his trade bow...pappys scratching his head...wonder why?  ::)  ;D ...lol :laugh:

And the big red faced grin says it all  ;D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 07:24:53 pm »
Thanks pal! That was a "never forget" moment for this northern boy. Damn it was cool to see his smilin' Pappy face hand me that sock!!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 11:55:09 pm »
Pearlie, I have to agree with Patb, you are really a pretty nice guy. I'm really glad to meet you, budy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 01:53:27 am »
Pearly, when Blackhawk told me you had left early, I was disappointed and told him that I really was looking forward to meeting.  Looking back he had that strange, inquisitive look on his face that only Chris can do.  Now, I know the reason for the look.  I did meet you, but somehow in the barrage of names and excitement I didn't connect your name to your face.  Thank god for pictures to refresh the memory of old minds. 
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 09:55:59 am »
lovin all the pics! Looks like a blast!
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan