Author Topic: National Geographic "Man Hunt" Series  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Elnathan

National Geographic "Man Hunt" Series
« on: May 06, 2013, 10:15:38 pm »
I may just be the last to know, but I stumbled on these videos on youtube today and thought folks here might be interested. The title of the series is pretty misleading: it is about men hunting animals, not men hunting other men..maybe "Human Predator" might have been a better choice. Anyhow, the premise is that the host visits a traditional people-group and accompanies them as they hunt, observing weapons and techniques and trying not to be too much of a nuisance. These two have bows and arrows:

Namal people on Tanna island in the South Pacific.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvw-K42HJDs

The San people of the Kalahari.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFoRGZ8W2Po

There are other episodes, but only one of them is up on youtube and it has problems with the recording.

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: National Geographic "Man Hunt" Series
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 12:26:29 am »
Very interesting.  I wish they could just go straight to he kill though. lol  Such a lack of attention span.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Christian Soldier

Re: National Geographic "Man Hunt" Series
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 03:06:11 pm »
This show seems really interesting but I feel like they should have gotten a more qualified host who's more of a hunter than a conservationalist, and someone without a british accent. Just can't take him seriously with that.  :D

Still worth watching though.

Its really interesting to see how minimalist these hunters are. We are always loaded down with extra water, axe, saw, gear, etc. When all they take is their minimal cloak, Bow and Arrow, blade, and a stick AFAICS.

Really cool stuff.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:13:24 pm by Christian Soldier »
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."