Linked Events

• 24th Annual Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot, Michigan: August 02, 2013 - August 04, 2013

Author Topic: 24th annual 2013 Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot, Michigan  (Read 47636 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: 24th annual 2013 Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot, Michigan
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 11:56:15 am »
Agreed, this is an excellent shoot and the people are fantastic.  I wouldn't miss it.  Time does sneak up on ya, Hawkster.  That's for sure!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 07:12:23 am »
I will be there,hopefully Wen.before daylight,Jon and Chuck are supposed to come with me and also maybe Grant/Chris and Brian/Hunter Collingsworth. You all know how that goes but they said they were coming. :-\ :-\ All I know for sure is if I am living I will be there. See yall in a little over a month,by the way I see Kevin from ElmHall is on PA now,very cool. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bhenders

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 12:51:49 pm »
If Kevin is the one who  runs Elm Hall:

Kevin, please make some extra brats.... I will beg, borrow or steal some...(or will trade some bamboo plants for some ).

They are the best brats on the planet...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 01:10:46 pm »
That would be Brian and Pappys doing's. They whip them up from venison a few nights prior to the meal. If your real nice, Brian just might give you a pack to take home!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 08:12:40 am »
Kevin measures all the ingredients and weighs the meat,he keeps us all straight,all I do is mash it all together. It has taken them several years and lot of trial and error to get them just like they like them,and yes they are great. :) :) I go to help for the free beer. ;) ;D ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 11:43:36 am »
I hear Paulsemp is going to make it up this year.

We have the first official work day for the shoot June 25th. Gotta sort out all the targets and get them ready to go. Im not a part of all of it, but I know it takes and incredible effort and huge amount of physical work to make it all go down smooth as it has for 23 years prior. Massive amounts of corn on the cob, brats and such are made each year. Enough to feed hundreds and hundreds of people. If your within 4-6 hours of the club you owe it to yourself to make it once, you'll be back every year after. The club grounds are huge. If your a private type person you can always find a quiet camp site regardless of the amount of folks around.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 12:51:58 pm »
So I take it you need someone to cook for you >:D
It will be a game time decision for me but it's looking good :)

Offline chamookman

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 03:31:49 am »
Hey Paul - Where You gonna pitch Your tent ? I want to in the same vicinity  :laugh: ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 10:50:35 am »
You stay away from my chef Bob! If we have left overs, Ill get a hold of you buddy!

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 03:24:21 pm »
So I take it you need someone to cook for you >:D

Paul you taking orders for breakfast and lunch? Dinner we're covered... >:D  ;D
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline DGF

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 04:56:04 pm »
I was planning on starving myself till the evening feast, but since Paul's there I'd might as well throw in an order for corned beef and 2 eggs over medium for breakfast. I like to sleep in a bit so go ahead and warm the skillet on others orders and wake me when it's ready around 10 or so.   >:D

Joking aside I hope you do get the chance to make the shoot. Last year was my first time and it is great!

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 05:05:06 pm »
wow, I have quite the following. maybe I should quit doing sheet metal and travel to all the different traditional shoots and cook for all you guys. maybe the sign on my tent will say "will cook for Osage"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 05:39:20 pm »
Hell yah! A trad/primitive maggot wagon!

Do it up Pauly!

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 08:58:05 pm »

"Will cook for Osage" -PS ala da Chicago chef
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline chamookman

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 05:13:21 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: - just shot coffee all over the laptop ! Too funny - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.