Author Topic: sum small points. .. new point added+1  (Read 3849 times)

Offline littlehunters19862011

sum small points. .. new point added+1
« on: May 08, 2013, 05:40:30 pm »
.here is sum points i come up with. first 3 are from bottle bottoms. the other 2 was sum flakes i got in the mail from rileyconcrete. he sent me a good bet of obsidian spalls and flakes. ide be out there right now working on points if i did not feel so bad the weather here is got me all out of wac .the last point i broke the ear off while notching  it . they'll be more to come once I'm  able . hopefully batter biger ones.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:38:55 pm by littlehunters19862011 »

Re: sum small points
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 05:42:46 pm »
i am haveing problems with getting the pics the right size .

Offline bubby

Re: sum small points
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 05:46:43 pm »
some small pics too >:D, go to photo bucket and get an account, post the pics there and click the img bar to copy then paste here, they resize it for you
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Trapper Rob

Re: sum small points. the pics are fixted
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:44:27 pm »
Nice points.
Rob

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 12:05:14 am »
Nice critter getters!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 04:16:38 pm »
thanks i hope i can start making batter ones  at sum point still not getting the Long flakes all the way across on sum of them .but there a lot batter then my first points that i try ed 

Offline Tower

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 11:11:31 pm »
Keep knappin . Everything will fall into place. Once you learn to read the stone & how to manipulate the stone knapping gets a little easier. Remember it's just a rock until the final flake is removed.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 09:52:12 pm »
my best one yet . just wish i could get that little spot off of it :(   . its going on a cain arrow tho as soon as i get sum more ready .

Offline Trapper Rob

Re: sum small points. .. new point added
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 09:57:59 pm »
Nice point don't worry about that little spot just cover it in blood & it goes away.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 10:20:29 pm »
 :laugh: just hope it gets that chance ...

Stringman

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 11:29:13 am »
That's a good looker, but I feel compelled to comment. It seems that some people think this flintknapping thing is for everyone. I've seen lots of people dabble with it and very few ever find their way back out. KNAPPING IS NO JOKE! Do not play around with this stuff you WILL get addicted! This stuff is worse than crack and I wouldn't want to see you end up like the rest of us. If this is your first time,  chalk it up as something done and put your back to it and walk away. If you don't, then tomorrow maybe too late. I'm sorry for being so harsh, I just hate seeing folks wreck their lives over these pesky little rocks! 

Have fun with your addiction! ;D >:D

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 02:26:11 pm »
That's a good looker, but I feel compelled to comment. It seems that some people think this flintknapping thing is for everyone. I've seen lots of people dabble with it and very few ever find their way back out. KNAPPING IS NO JOKE! Do not play around with this stuff you WILL get addicted! This stuff is worse than crack and I wouldn't want to see you end up like the rest of us. If this is your first time,  chalk it up as something done and put your back to it and walk away. If you don't, then tomorrow maybe too late. I'm sorry for being so harsh, I just hate seeing folks wreck their lives over these pesky little rocks! 

Have fun with your addiction! ;D >:D

haha. your right i just finnished my first flint project today and im already thinking about my next one tommorow! it seems it's aa bit too late for me. SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 03:45:05 pm »
thanks   Stringman . Ive been an on looker for fare to long. if i could get a point half as good  as this one every time i try id be happy  :D.  but still i brake or miss shape more the i turn them out .

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 03:38:18 pm »
heres one  i worked last night.  a really nice one. thank it tops my last one.  :) and the notches was done with a flatend nail tool i made that works grate..

Offline iowabow

Re: sum small points. .. new point added+1
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 03:58:47 pm »
Keep them coming
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!