Author Topic: bend through or not to bend through  (Read 5181 times)

Offline adb

Re: bend through or not to bend through
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 11:05:03 am »
Agreed. I've learned the hard way that you can't glue a riser on an already tillered bow that bends too much in the handle. It will just pop off... every time.

Offline fisher2

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 12:42:06 pm »
think i can retiller it and keep the last 10#?  im pretty decent at tillering but i want it as heavy as possible lol that cork/ leather is a cool idea i may just try it

Offline adb

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 12:53:29 pm »
think i can retiller it and keep the last 10#?  im pretty decent at tillering but i want it as heavy as possible lol that cork/ leather is a cool idea i may just try it

If you're good at tillering, why did you buy this bow? Why didn't you make it yourself, using a $10 piece of hickory? I'm not looking to piss you off, just wondering why you'd buy such an obviously horrible bow. It cost $110 plus probably $30 shipping...

Offline fisher2

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 01:11:40 pm »
lack of time mostly the pic he included in the post had a well tillered bow so i was hoping haha and they dont sell hickory locally that i can find and i didnt want to buy online just to have it sit forever while i worked on it like 3 hrs a week heck, ive been working on a redoak board bow for a friend for close to a month i just never have daylight time i can sit and work on it its almost at the tillering stage now though