Author Topic: Adding carvings  (Read 19523 times)

Offline lostarrow

Re: Adding carvings
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2014, 01:17:20 pm »
   Thanks for looking. I'll be bringing the young lad out shooting when the weather turns more favourable, so I can get a full draw pic and post the bow in the forum. I don't dare do it with out the FD pic ;D

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 02:56:26 pm »
Holy cow!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2014, 07:42:50 pm »
I don't get into the build-a-longs nearly enough!  OMG this is awesome work...

OneBow

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2014, 02:06:06 am »
 :o  wow :'(

Offline Wiley

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2014, 12:09:36 am »
This bow and your other carved bows are absolutely impressive, and your howto on it makes the process seem a lot less daunting to someone that has never tried carving. Maybe one of these days i'll get myself a set of carving tools and try my hand at it. How long have you been doing carving wood lostarrow?

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2014, 10:56:51 pm »
 Started when I was about 5 or 6 . Mom would send me off on my own into the bush with a little kitchen knife, because I liked to whittle. Made small boats , animals, spears etc. Different times and a different place ;) I can't imagine letting my kids do that now. Made me who I am today though, and wouldn't have traded it for the world! It really isn't that hard though. Get some modeling clay and try to make something out of it. If you can do that  , you're off to a good start. Try carving a wood spirit on a piece of soft wood branch (Poplar or Cedar or similar) lots of how to's on that. A good sheepsfoot blade on a pocket knife can do wonders.

Good luck! Dave