Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 391316 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2007, 05:37:34 pm »
  DanaM,  Kyle sure as heck isn't the only Yooper here. ::)b An old saying down here is,"Happiness is ,10,000 Canadians going north with a Yooper under each arm".
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2007, 07:14:28 am »
Dats funny eddie ;D Ya a lot of da ole yoopers winter down der dontsha no. Dem ol bones git ta hurtin ins da cold eh!

Don't laugh there are some folks that actually talk like this up here, mostly of finnish decent.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2007, 04:10:39 pm »
  Yep,Got a buddy that comes down turkey hunting every year,sounds just like that.He's from Minnesota.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2007, 08:32:15 pm »
Looking forward to it. I met you at Cloverdale and you extended the invite then. Let me know if there is anything to bring staves, tools, foods etc. Sound like a great time.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2007, 12:39:08 am »
Looking forward to this if'n I can make it! Now, being from the great state of Warshington I do hope its not too dry there. I dont know what will happen to my great looking pale I've been working on for years now if I get arround some sunshine!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2007, 01:24:45 am »
If its like last year, you have nothing to worry about, David! ;) Bring your kayak. ;D   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2007, 08:38:33 am »
I can deal with rain just as long as it don't snow ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2007, 11:16:42 am »
Man I missed a lot here last week,I don't think it will snow but who knows in Tennessee.
Tracy just bring what ever you want,we have plenty of food but can always use more and tools are fine.We have a lot as long as they last.It is monts away and already can't wait. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2007, 02:07:57 pm »
Like Pappy said...bring FOOD!  ;D Seriously, we have a potluck dinner Saturday evening that is usually really good with all the variety of what folks bring!

We will have some hickory staves again this year, and also Gary Davis will have roughed in osage staves for sale. You're welcome and even encouraged  to bring whatever you have for bowmaking...we're getting more participation with each year and supplies/equipment is limited.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2007, 02:17:20 pm »
Can I bring my own stave for the self bow challenge? And if so how far along can it be?
I will probably leave the saturday before, drive as far as I can then lay up fer the night and get there on sunday, is that to early?
I will be willing to help with whatever setup, firewood, gaurding Pappy's osage stash ;)
The way you guys eat I'm surprised ya can walk and not waddle ;D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 02:28:08 pm by DanaM »

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2007, 05:03:20 pm »
The way you guys eat I'm surprised ya can walk and not waddle ;D
Why do you think Greg only posts still pictures.   ;D ;D ;D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2007, 05:19:44 am »
Yes we do eat a lot but we play hard so we works it off.Dana ,yes you can bring your own stave.
It can be floor tillered but no nocks cut in until Thursday morning.And yes come on I will be there from the Friday the week before till the Monday after the shoot. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2007, 08:28:26 am »
Why do you think Greg only posts still pictures.

Justin, keep it up and I'll talk Marie into reposting those outhouse pictures you took...disgusting! ;) ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2007, 10:51:16 am »
Hey pappy just took this picture for ya out my office window :) :( :-\
Think I may have to show up a bit early. Hope we don't get so much I can't get to my stands.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2007, 10:58:32 am »
Why do you think Greg only posts still pictures.

Justin, keep it up and I'll talk Marie into reposting those outhouse pictures you took...disgusting! ;) ;D
How will she post the pictures she took when they were on my camera and I deleted them before I even left Tn.   ::)  You are right though, disgusting!  :P Shame on you Marie, you made Greg loose his appetite.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah