Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 392987 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2008, 09:08:26 am »
justin, he dose,head down,ears back and both hand at work,Dana if you get in his way you
could get a fork in the hand or worse in the head. ;D ;D Grant got you down for some black
pot cooking. :) If any of yall haven't seen Greg eat it is worth the trip to Tn. just to say you have seen a real master at work,it is somethin to behold. ;D ;D :o
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2008, 09:38:23 am »
Well...let me get this honey bun and cupcake out of my hands long enough to reply! ;D

I guess being the youngest of four kids teaches you to hold your own at the supper table. I think we all reached adult-hood though without any fork scar's in the back of our hands, although there were some close calls. ;) I think the reason I enjoy the cookin' down at the club so much is because it's the type cookin' I grew up with. My mother isn't with us any more, so I can't go home and relive the old days of homemade biscuits, sorgum molasses, fried egg's, smoked sausage, and gravy. I don't get that type cookin' at my house unless I do it myself which I do pretty often. But good southern cookin' is the norm down at the club, and Grant and Pappy are really good at it. I won't apologize for enjoying their meals...will only say once again, thanks! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2008, 10:50:55 am »
Pappy I'm a little guy but I'm pretty scrappy especially where food is concerned, plus I bet I can run faster than Greg.
So when that dinner bell rings all he will be eating is my dust ;D Greg I'm also the youngest boy in the family ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

CastIron

« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2008, 11:24:17 am »
Greg is just saving up for the classic,   because believe it or not he would rather scrape on bows than eat ::)
 and with all that Osage and hickory in the air at the classic he won't get far from the bow shed until he is about
 to pass out 
so we might need to keep a stash of twinky's in Pappys tool box for emergency's ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2008, 11:54:10 am »
Well said Greg.  I'm the youngest of 7 (5 boys) so I can relate.  But my mom was a also a lunch lady back when lunch ladies knew how to cook.  I still don't know how to cook for 4 people. I can cook for 10 though.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2008, 01:32:44 pm »
Great justin,now I know just where you will fit in,concessions. ;DMy wife
still has that trouble she is the oldest of 5 and when she cooks I have to eat
left overs for a week.Good thing I like left overs. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2008, 02:51:32 pm »
we might need to keep a stash of twinky's in Pappys tool box for emergency's
Forget the twinky's, just have a supply of leftover cornbread on hand and I'll do fine. ;)
Greg

CastIron

« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2008, 03:28:32 pm »
we might need to keep a stash of twinky's in Pappys tool box for emergency's
Forget the twinky's, just have a supply of leftover cornbread on hand and I'll do fine. ;)

Maybe some of those corn bread muffins with the chicken and black beans baked in them  :) :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2008, 01:13:26 pm »
Ya that sound like me.I guess then I will have to start locking my box. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

CastIron

« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2008, 10:51:45 am »
Maybe we can get one of those boxes with the Glass in the front with a sign that says if Greg's faints break glass and rub a corn muffin under his nose until he comes too or maybe if we all just have one the noise of chewing will bring him around ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2008, 02:52:38 pm »
Maybe we can get one of those boxes with the Glass in the front with a sign that says if Greg's faints break glass and rub a corn muffin under his nose until he comes too or maybe if we all just have one the noise of chewing will bring him around

;D ;D ;D ;D  I have to admit...that's funny, I don't care who you are! ;D
Greg

CastIron

« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2008, 10:10:05 pm »
Greg we would at least take your pulse before starting in on those muffins might even have time to uncork a bottle of your Yellow Plum wine before things go critical  ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2008, 09:27:26 am »
I think I have 23 tillering strings I've made thus far. Shooting for around 30 or so prior to the shoot. Have also made around 15 to 20 regular bow strings.

Getting to be about time for us to start roughing in the hickory staves... ;)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2008, 06:49:23 am »
Yes we need to get on that,the clock is ticking,maybe get on that this weekend,at least go to our stash and get the hickory to the shop and see what we have.It won't take that long if we can just get started.I have already had several calls and e mails for flyer's so I think it is going to be busy. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2008, 08:57:25 pm »
Time to purchase the plane ticket! Pappy, need some help here!!! Where is the closest airport to where you are? I'm flying out of Seattle, WA and we need really good directions since we can only see arround three feet in front of the plane on take off due to all the rain!  ;D  I could travel by slug but would not arrive untill arround May 2020.

Really looking forward to meeting all of you guys down there. Anything I should know about or be looking out for when I arrive down there?  Do you all speak the same language I do????  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill