Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 391329 times)

CastIron

Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #405 on: February 28, 2008, 12:14:31 am »
9AM :o all the noise from the scraping in the bow shed will wake you long before that late hour  >:D

by 8:45 the coffee can walk itself to your tent and there has not been a living snake around there in ages they have all been skint and glued to bow backs  course I guess there could a dumb one just passing Thu.

Bring them slugs on I don't know about cobbler but they make a mean stirfry with peppers and onions with wild rice

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #406 on: February 28, 2008, 01:39:59 am »
CastIron we think alike! If it moves then it can be ate!  >:D

Your right! What was I thinking. Looks like I will have to get a move on early to get in for that shower and start to work.

Just been working on a piece of yew wood. Its going to be a light weight bow in the 40 - 45# range since the stave I got was not large enough for a heavier weight bow. Ce la vie! ELB design so I hope to get a nice 28" draw out of it. May have to pike it though!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #407 on: February 28, 2008, 07:28:02 am »
All sounds good to me,no, no official pre.register just see us, as I am sure you will,we are hard to miss ;D and we will sign you up.It ant as official as it sounds we were just trying to come up with a way to keep up with it a little better.It gets awful confessing about Friday evening and we
loose count.We figured if we got all this out of the way first it would be easier.Can't wait. ;D
We may need to set up my shower also with this bunch.Good idea Castiron. ;)By the way
I got you a fine chopping block for your kenling.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #408 on: February 28, 2008, 08:29:49 am »
By 9 am half the day is wasted :o The early bird gets the worm ;D or coffee in this case.
Talked with Jesse last night to make some plans, looks like we will be down there by monday Pappy
maybe even sunday ;D Don't much matter to me on the shower if ya have a creek that I can sluice off in every 3 days or so :o ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #409 on: February 28, 2008, 09:26:01 am »
Dana, there is a creek right next to the camping area. Might try and find some high ground for your tent in case of floods...rains a lot that time of year you know! ;D

David, CastIron likes to have someone helping him with every step of any cookin' he might be involved in...you know constantly in the way and that sort of thing.  ;) He especially likes lots of questions as to why he's doing something a certain way....and he really likes to loan out all his stuff such as aluminum cobbler pans and such. If you can help him out with any of that, I'm sure he'll be indebted to you! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #410 on: February 28, 2008, 09:39:43 am »
GregB you are going to get Tiller killed ,right off the bat.More fish food in the creek. ;D Dana
that will be great,Grant mentioned putting up our portable showers and that sounds like a great Idea,we just need to figure out where is the best place,cause you have to haul and heat water for them,that ant a problem ,just need to get the best place lined up.We will work on that in the next
few weeks. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

CastIron

« Reply #411 on: February 28, 2008, 10:35:58 am »
Carefull Greg I still have those "Political" banners I could put up in the bow building shed or maybe you did not see the cooks Revenge seen from the movie Monty Walsh  >:D  Its a long way to the out house  >:D  :o ;D

Dustybaer

« Reply #412 on: February 28, 2008, 01:26:09 pm »
Say maybe a Dessert Social I could come up with some peach cobbler and maybe some ice cream to boot

and how do you intend to protect that cobbler from greg?  >:D

CastIron

« Reply #413 on: February 28, 2008, 02:14:02 pm »
Say maybe a Dessert Social I could come up with some peach cobbler and maybe some ice cream to boot

and how do you intend to protect that cobbler from greg?  >:D

We will tell him I put jalapenos in it and he will leave it alone he's "a scarred"  :o of Volcanic cooking  >:D >:D >:D

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #414 on: February 28, 2008, 02:43:58 pm »
better yet carve the peaches in shapes of jalepenos and claim it to be spicy!  >:D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #415 on: February 28, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »
More fish food in the creek.
The fish and crawdad's gotta eat too you know! :)

you did not see the cooks Revenge seen from the movie Monty Walsh    Its a long way to the out house
Another job for you David...official/initial food tester! ;D

We will tell him I put jalapenos in it and he will leave it alone he's "a scarred"   of Volcanic
cooking
Just a small bite to taste for "lava flow"  ;D shouldn't hurt me. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

CastIron

« Reply #416 on: February 28, 2008, 03:31:24 pm »
We will tell him I put jalapenos in it and he will leave it alone he's "a scarred"   of Volcanic
cooking
Just a small bite to taste for "lava flow"  ;D shouldn't hurt me. ;)

Well if we can't fool him I will just have to break out the 5 Gallon Dutch Ovens  one for Greg and one for the rest of us.  >:D >:D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #417 on: February 28, 2008, 03:42:09 pm »
Peaches and jalapenos go together quite nicely ;D

Remember I get to light the fire ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #418 on: February 28, 2008, 04:36:36 pm »
Dana, If your munchen on Jalipinios then you wont need nothen but to breath on the kinlin to get it roaring!

Jeesh guys! You really do want to do me in. I guess I better watch my back a bit!  ;D

Ya know I like spicy foods but my body just cant take it no more. Gots somethin called a Hiatal hernia. One bit of chilli powder and I'm up all night! Gettin older can be a pain sometimes, litteraly. So, tasty is good, burning BAAAAAADDDDD!!!  ;D

Shower sound really good! Thanks guys!!!! One thing though where is the best high ground to put up a tent. Its starting to sound like you guys are expecting Noahs great flood to come along. Hmmm! Pappy how are the roof on the buildings? Think I can set my tent up on top of one?  :o ;D

Ya know what? I wish I could bring some  type of north west cookin down to you all. But I dont think it will travel well. Especially after the sniffin dogs at the airport get a wiff of my salmon jerky and other prime delicacies.  Next thing I know I would be up against the wall and handcuffed! No more Tiller!!! All because the dog was hungry!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

CastIron

« Reply #419 on: February 28, 2008, 10:17:50 pm »
Shower sound really good! Thanks guys!!!! One thing though where is the best high ground to put up a tent. Its starting to sound like you guys are expecting Noahs great flood to come along. Hmmm! Pappy how are the roof on the buildings? Think I can set my tent up on top of one?  :o ;D

Pay no attention to the "Na sayer" behind the curtain (GregB) it might rain but there won't be any flood,... Pappy's place drains well and we have spread many tons of gravel in the wetest spots from past camp sights so all should be well even if we have some rain as we usually do that time of year.

so if we do have a count of those who would want to camp together as a group with other P.A Folks we can keep enough space close to the Happenings for a group size camp,    we could better evaluate where to set the camp.
If you have a large camper or a tent would be helpfull info to know also.......however  Heavy Snoring or loud Gases Discharges could be of concern too fellow campers but would not likely effect the placement of the camp site as a whole  ;D ;D

I would like to Thank You for your support.......CastIron Self appointed camp site coordinator by power of King Knothead the 1st   ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)