Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 391341 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #450 on: March 03, 2008, 08:44:59 am »
Glad to see the thread is still alive. ;D Here is some pictures of the new shed. ;D Thanks
to everyone that bought some of Mine and GresB stave's and strings to help us to afford
to keep on enhancing the shop.And a special thanks to BigA and Jeff,Grant for the help in
the shop and around in getting it set up.We all will enjoy it when it is finished. :)
     Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #451 on: March 03, 2008, 03:12:12 pm »
David, I'm not a knapper but I think the Dover flint is hard and a dark almost blue-gray color. I've been told that it is fine flint. There is a lot of Justin's obsidian also still here for your knapping enjoyment! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #452 on: March 03, 2008, 05:05:23 pm »
Wow Pappy! Its looking great. Cant wait to get under it and out of the rain!  ;D

Greg, obsidian is great as long as its not that nasty bubbly stuff that a pain in the !@## to knapp! I like obsidian a lot, especially for presure flaking, its like butter, especially the black butter dacite. MMMM!!!!MMMM!!!! GOOODDD!!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #453 on: March 03, 2008, 08:03:10 pm »
Looks good Pappy, boy you guys really pitch in and get the barn raisin done. Wish I could find some help around my place ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #454 on: March 03, 2008, 08:06:07 pm »
Just got the final notification on the travel arrangments. Comming in at Nashville Airport at 8:45 pm on Sunday April 27th and leaving Nashville on May 05 at 12:20.  Noticed on the original schedule that it said I was leaving on May 4th while the classic was still going! Thats all straightened out now.  So, that offer of a ride still open?  ;D ??? ;D  You should be able to recognize me at the airport. I will be the guy thats half asleep from flying all night!  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline RG

« Reply #455 on: March 03, 2008, 08:11:46 pm »
OK it is declared PA dessert social Friday night My favorite dessert late at night is the jug Cast Iron was talking about ( hint hint )
Anyone coming can PM Me, Pappy or Greg B Let us know if you can what day you will be there If you are a vendor and are coming or want to come PM Cast Iron
Cant hardly wait

Ron

Offline DanaM

« Reply #456 on: March 03, 2008, 09:27:54 pm »
Pappy you didn't need to put up a new shelter just for me, but thanks my tent should fit under there perfectly ;D

President Knothead thats friday May 2nd?? Jesse and I will be there ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #457 on: March 03, 2008, 09:53:47 pm »
Pappy, Ain't that right where the Queen and the Princess were seated last year. Watch out, They might try to claim it again this year.
Ron, count me in. I love a lil brown jug...and its contents. ;) 8)      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #458 on: March 03, 2008, 11:25:20 pm »
I'll have a shot of that ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #459 on: March 04, 2008, 01:42:31 am »
Now, what's in that little brown jug???!!!???  >:D ;D

Bishop

« Reply #460 on: March 04, 2008, 02:00:25 am »
Milk, it does a body good....
Bishop

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #461 on: March 04, 2008, 07:21:24 am »
Well it is nominally in a clear fruit jar,  ;) ;D ;D I'm sociable but I learned better than that.  :)
Ya Pat that is where they were but I have another plan for them this year where they can spread out a little.I am going to put up the big tent Lone wolf was under last year up above the shed.We
can have PA. under it along with the demonstrations that we are trying to put togeather.
I hope to have Primitive arrow straightening and making[ Hint Hint] String making,Flint napping,
Primitive fire building and laying out and maybe debark and chasing a ring on a bow.Friday and Sat.
if I can get some volunteers I will set it up ,I was thinking maybe an hour a day for each and when
that ant going on we can work on any of that stuff to yalls heart content.  :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #462 on: March 04, 2008, 09:24:19 am »
Now, what's in that little brown jug???!!!???
   Devils brew!  ;)
I'll be the designated...help put folks to bed guy, as long as it doesn't go past my bed time of 9:00 pm.  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

CastIron

« Reply #463 on: March 04, 2008, 10:32:33 am »
Now, what's in that little brown jug???!!!???
   Devils brew!  ;)
I'll be the designated...help put folks to bed guy, as long as it doesn't go past my bed time of 9:00 pm.  ;D

Greg has a plan " the more Jug for y'all the more cobbler for him"  I bet he gets the JUG out early on Friday   >:D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #464 on: March 04, 2008, 11:19:55 am »
Pappy, You are always thinking. Those girls need a place to spread out anyway. ;D >:D 
  You have at least an hour of my time for primitive arrow straightening and anything else I can help with. I know the king will need help with the fruit jar. ;)  I'll keep an eye on Greg...probably only have one open when he needs watching, though.     8)
   The Classic is coming up quick. I can hardly wait.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC