Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 391333 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #495 on: March 07, 2008, 01:10:36 am »
Pappy, Hillbilly and I were talking about doing a how to with hardwood shoot and cane arrows.
Paul, There will be quite a few knappers there and if someone starts knapping others will join in. Plus, Ron's "elixer" will get ya to knappin"...one way or the other! ;D      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #496 on: March 07, 2008, 07:22:34 am »
That sounds great Pat,I need to learn about the Cain myself.Got plenty of it ,just ant had
much luck straightening it.Tiller I will fine something you can do ,if your sure you don't want
outhouse detail. ;D I appreciate all of yall wanting to pitch in ,but we are doing this for yall so the main thing is have fun.I am supposed to have a bunch of rock by the,don't know if it is any good
but it will be something for the beginners to break,also still have what justin brought.I can't
hardly wait.Hope the weather will be nice this year.question for yall to be thinking about,
do yall all want to camp at the bottom or top,and do you want a place big enough for everyone.
If so we will lay out some kind of plan to make that happen.We got a shoot this weekend and they are calling for 4 inches of snow and 30 mph NW winds,so a little rain might not be that bad. ;)
This is begining to come togeather. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #497 on: March 07, 2008, 07:49:17 am »
Pappy I chose high ground for a camping spot and it would be cool if we could have our own spot.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #498 on: March 07, 2008, 09:09:37 am »
Pappy I chose high ground for a camping spot and it would be cool if we could have our own spot.

Dana, the "high ground" camping is up on top of the ridge and is a ways off from all the going's on which takes place in the bottom. It also involves a hike up and down the hill to your camp. I'd kind of like to see you guys camping closer by this year so we all can more easily visit maybe during the day.

That's just my 2 cents worth... :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #499 on: March 07, 2008, 09:14:40 am »
Oh yeah...back to the topic of eatin'.  :)  Are collard greens the same as turnip greens? I've had plenty of turnip greens but don't know for sure about the collard greens. That slug stew sounds interesting also. What else is on the menu coming from who knows where? Something representative of the area of the country you're from would be cool. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #500 on: March 07, 2008, 09:15:50 am »
We can go either way,but depending on how many camp sites we need weather
we have room for them all to be togeather in the bottom.Between the new shed
and the big tent I plan to put up for demo's and PA the spot behind the work shop
is going to get pretty full.We will work it out once we figure how many and it gets a
little closer. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #501 on: March 07, 2008, 10:07:14 am »
Would a sign in for those that are commited to camping at the Classic help get a good head count? Start a new topic in Primitive Shoots And Events? Just a thought. Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline DanaM

« Reply #502 on: March 07, 2008, 10:16:28 am »
Greg didn't realize the high ground was far away, then again the mountain climbing will
let me work off the food. Never had collard greens before but if they have pig fat in them they can't be too bad :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #503 on: March 07, 2008, 10:23:07 am »
I'll camp anywhere but with some elixier in me I may wander off a clif somewhere in the dark - if it's too far :D. If ya'll need a head count - I'm bringing a tent and it'll just be me...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

CastIron

« Reply #504 on: March 07, 2008, 10:49:51 am »
Oh yeah...back to the topic of eatin'.  :)  Are collard greens the same as turnip greens? I've had plenty of turnip greens but don't know for sure about the collard greens. That slug stew sounds interesting also. What else is on the menu coming from who knows where? Something representative of the area of the country you're from would be cool. ;)

I knew you was a transplant sent down here from the CIA the next thing your going to tell us is you don't even have a garage  ;D ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #505 on: March 07, 2008, 01:24:07 pm »
Greg didn't realize the high ground was far away, then again the mountain climbing will
let me work off the food. Never had collard greens before but if they have pig fat in them they can't be too bad :)
Yes and it is up a huge mountain.  :o  ;D ;D ;D You guys are cry babies.  It might be a 150 yard walk. Ask Keenan what a MOUNTAIN looks like.  ;D If you would all learn to get up in the morning you would have more time to visit.  Pappy and I had 2 hours in before we saw anyone else getting out of bed.  We went for a drive to take care of the garbage, saw some deer, turkeys and a buffalo. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #506 on: March 07, 2008, 01:34:36 pm »
I guess my job will be to wake everyone up then >:D, I'm usually up at 4 or 5 am or is that to late :o

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #507 on: March 07, 2008, 05:53:02 pm »
Ok! Dana is officialy our stand in ROOSTER!!! Lets here ya crow!!!  ;D

I will camp with ya all! Thank god I'm bringing earplugs!

Now do you all like old time toons like "Roll Alabama Roll" and "Bonnie" and other type music like them. If ya never heard them before check out this link http://the97th.com/  OH! I forgot to mention I can bring sheet music if anyone needs it.  ;D  Get the little brown jug passed arround a bit and we will all be singing "Koom by Ya!"  ;D >:D ;D  (Dang! I'm good!)

Think we can get Keenan to show up at the Classic? I will be meeting him at Glass Buttes end of the month in OR. If he is not commin I will PM him and see if he can make it.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #508 on: March 07, 2008, 07:26:20 pm »
 Dang!,Gregg. You don't know what Collard's are? ::) Uh,ever had Mustard Greens? Actually I think they taste better than Turnip Greens. Pappy me and the wife are getting a motel and coming up  on Thursday. But I know if I get to BSing and sipping with Steve I'll probally just curl up against a tree for the nite. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #509 on: March 07, 2008, 07:52:32 pm »
OH collard greens!!! I do believe I could eat a bushell basket all by myself.
  Greg, one taste of collards and you'll never want anything else.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.