Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 392994 times)

Bishop

Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #525 on: March 10, 2008, 06:28:35 am »
and here i was thinking they were talking about Crawdads.....lol...note to self: ditch lizard = gator.
Bishop

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #526 on: March 10, 2008, 11:08:45 am »
Hay Eddie:
Is there any chance you could bring up some "Home Grown" maters?  All we have been able to get are those store bought ones.  Yuck.

Okra.  Yum good.  Try this.  Eat it raw right out of the garden. 

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline DanaM

« Reply #527 on: March 10, 2008, 11:51:09 am »
If all goes as planned should be down there by April 27th ;D

I will eat the okra ifin I have to, same with the greens never had them before.

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #528 on: March 10, 2008, 12:25:24 pm »
Okra is good fried, but anybody that could eat boiled okra would eat........well, can't think of anything else as nasty as boiled okra to compare it to.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2008, 12:29:53 pm »
I love them both,but I was raised up on um.Don't worry Dana we will have plenty of meat
to.Me and Greg was looking this weekend for a spot for the whole bunch to camp,we ant
come up with the spot yet but we are still working on it.It ant far from anywhere to the main goings on anyway so I think we can make everyone happy.I didn't hear any complants last year
from the PA bunch anyway I think it was more Greg and I wanted to have you all togeather
[So we can keep an eye on yall]  ;D  [especially the yanks]  ;D ;D ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #530 on: March 10, 2008, 12:43:58 pm »
I like Okra any way you can fix it,Fried,boiled,pickled or raw,just don't matter.  :) With the
boiled all you have to do is put it in your mouth and it's gone. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2008, 12:58:38 pm »
Steve maybe thats why I don't like only had it boiled :(
Pappy wherever ya decide to put us is fine, as long as its not in the next county ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #532 on: March 10, 2008, 01:26:58 pm »
 I don't like it boiled either, but it's good in a pot of gumbo. Cast Iron ,I have the Andouille too.My tomato bushes are loaded right now, I've got over 40 on one bush. and i guess we will need some Gulf shrimp for the gumbo too. Heck, might as well chop down some Swamp Cabbage too ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #533 on: March 10, 2008, 02:13:23 pm »
Swamp cabbage ! :o :o :o :o....bob

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #534 on: March 10, 2008, 04:33:10 pm »
Whats swamp cabbage? Are you guys just doing this to confuse me????

Pappy, dont worry about the Yanks. I convinced them to leave General Sherman at home this time! All them plantations down there should be safe.  ;D

DanaM, I will see ya at Pappys on the 27th! Glad to hear I'm not the only one arriving early!!!

David T

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #535 on: March 10, 2008, 09:25:31 pm »
I'm with Hillbilly on the okra. Fried real crispy...maybe. Boiled is too much like eatin thick cow slobber.
  I grew up as poor as anybody and ate whatever was put in front of me, except okra. I'll go to bed hungry before I eat that stuff!
  I reckon i'm still set to be there early Sat. morning and stay till sometime Sun.
  Looking forward to seeing everybody.  Saw Filer   ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #536 on: March 11, 2008, 02:00:47 am »
Okra any time, any way!!! ;D  My Mom's family was from Louisiana and we grew up on boiled okra, okra soup and gumbo. I never had it fried til I was married and I love it that way too. We grow Okra every year. 8)      Pat

ps. Okra pickles are great too!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

DBernier

« Reply #537 on: March 11, 2008, 09:12:28 am »
Pappy, PatB and I should be there sometime Thursday morning, at least earlier than last year. My co-pilot keeps missing the right exits. I'll keep him focused this year. He gets SO excited when we are going there.
   I would like to ask those interested in comming to demo and help at the NC get together to visit with PatB and Hillbilly and my self to discuss any issues we may have.

Dick

Offline DanaM

« Reply #538 on: March 11, 2008, 09:40:43 am »
I'm a simple northern boy I like spuds not that fancy imported stuff like okra :o

Pappy any chance of finding someone to do a billet splicing demo? Maybe you can con Lennie into
doing one.

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #539 on: March 11, 2008, 09:50:33 am »
I've had lots of turnip greens, ate mustard greens and poke salad before, but don't remember collard greens although I may have had them and just didn't know it. Okra by itself is best fried in my opinion, but probably would be good when combined in a gumbo.

I didn't catch on to the "ditch lizard" either until Cast Iron clued us in...he's pretty quick on his feet. ;) I've had aligator before and really liked it...looking forward to having some of that gumbo! ;D

Lookin' forward to it! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...