Author Topic: Post your trail camera photos  (Read 22574 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Re: Post your trail camera photos
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2013, 03:38:40 pm »
these pics are from a pair of mineral licks i have on my farm.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2013, 12:50:38 pm »
Here's  4 year old that I'm gonna try real hard to kill. I found his left shed from last year and would love to see exactly how much he grew from one year to the next. Only way I know to do that is kill him! :)   I'd also shoot the other big 6 point too. He's 4 also.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Hoarfrost

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2013, 06:43:50 pm »
Black bear from last year:

I've had the camera up all week at a watering hole, I'm looking forward to picking it up this weekend and will share pictures.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2013, 04:59:01 pm »
Those are some good looking bucks Mechslasher and Flintwalker.  And that looks like a big healthy bear Hoarfrost. 

I put an osage branch in front of  my camera.  The deer love to eat the leaves.  That old buck stopped for a late night snack.  He probably won't move in the daylight until around Halloween, but I'll be out there waiting for him.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2013, 09:02:39 pm »
Wow...............................nice deer Clint, Hope you can post pic's of that big deer down (lay'n on the ground).
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bow101

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2013, 12:37:37 am »
Some guys found their buddy's game camera and decided to take the card and 'tweak' one of his pictures for him...
Strange beasts in those woods!!!

Ooooooo  doggie.............that's a good one on a lonely dark nite...... :laugh: :laugh:
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2013, 01:28:36 pm »
I moved my camera to a spot where my Dad got some good pictures last year.  I'm glad I did.  It looks like he is already beefing up his neck muscles.  I just wish my camera took better moving night pictures.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2013, 03:13:11 pm »
very nice buck, the Clint.  I hope you get him.

My deer aren't as impressive, but they'll eat well
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2013, 03:19:01 pm »
Dave, I've seen the sheds from deer on your place.  You have a monster hiding somewhere.

Offline Mike Joe

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 01:29:27 pm »
This is a buck that me and my Dad hunted two years ago.  My uncle found this spot, and swore me to secrecy. So shhhhhh!  >:D My Dad was hunting with  his twenty year old Hawkens, and it was getting kind of finicky, so every morning he would fire some powder through it. This particular morning we didn't have time to drive to the range, so he just loaded it and we left. We got to the spot before daylight, and just after dawn this buck walks by at fifteen steps.  I had never seen a deer this big. The deer had his head down so Dad pulled up and aimed.... Then SNAP! The gun dry fired. The buck was staring at us, and the woods were silent.  After what seemed like forever The deer put his head down and turned away. Dad fumbled through our backpack, and put another cap on.  The deer was looking at us now, so Dad pulled his gun back up.  Snap!  This was too much for the deer and he bolted through the brush. This is how my Dad's luck goes deer hunting, So close, but so far away. ;D
"Son, we don't really care how it looks, We want it to work." - John McPherson

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2013, 09:18:40 am »
Mike, When I was younger that used to happen to me a lot.  The dry fire.  When I shot at the range I used powder solvent for my patch lube, and did the same when hunting.  It took my Dad to figure it out for me.  He watched me load like I usually do and said the he thought that my solvent/lube was seeping down into my powder as I sat and waited for the deer to come.  At the range, we just loaded and shot, but in the woods I loaded and waited.  Hence giving the solvent time to seep into my powder and wet it.  Now I use spit.  Could this be a similar case?  Just a thought? Good luck this year, that's a nice buck, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2013, 01:08:01 pm »
hillbilly and i just put a ladderstand to the far right of the pic, bout 10 yards from this muscidine vine, which is absolutely loaded this year.  this buck is giving a perfect 8 yard broadside shot!  the only down side is it can only be hunted with a NE, N, or NW wind which only blows about 25% of the time around my farm.  Mullet might even be able to hit one of these does at 5 yards.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:18:42 pm by Mechslasher »
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2013, 04:02:09 pm »
That buck has a healthy looking body.  Good luck with it.  Or are you going to save it for Mullet fling arrows at?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2013, 09:13:44 pm »
I think this one has potential   ;D

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2013, 08:44:55 am »
Clint, that last photo looks just like the kinda buck I usually get. They come around and stand right under my tree just after I miss the big one. ;D
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.