Author Topic: Legality of Blue Heron feathers for fletching?  (Read 15132 times)

Offline Mike_H

Re: Legality of Blue Heron feathers for fletching?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:27 am »
Driving home from town this week I hit a Red Tail Hawk with the Expedition.  I had a choice, wreck the vehicle or go forward.  I almost cried when it struck the grill.  I wanted so much to go get the feathers, but sighed and drove on home.  What a sad waste.

Jon, you should have called a game warden.  It's illegal to even to hit them, you still can get fined.  I cannot condone your actions.  I'm sorry, but I simply cannot.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 08:53:49 am »
Are you kidding Mike_H.  :-\  I would like to see them make that stick. :-[ Don't use stuff like that much but to be honest I have never been ask what my arrows were fletched with, or what kind of head I was using,and have been checked a lot over the years. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 10:26:58 am »

If you need the real answer to reporting and possible fines for striking a hawk, and not something a friend's cousin's, sister's, boyfriend heard a Game Warden say, try this location.

You can't be fined for hitting a Hawk with a vehicle in Tennessee.

There is no reporting requirement if the bird is dead in Tennessee.

TWRA Region 2 Office
Ellington Agricultural Center
P.O. Box 41489
Nashville, TN 37204

615-781-6622
1-800-624-7406
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:17:25 am by Pappy »
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 11:50:22 am »
I am reminded of a funny event (well, I thought it humorous anyway) that happened here some years back. A guy accidently hit a Golden Eagle here that had been feeding on a roadkill elk by the road. He put the bird into his car and took it home to call Game & Fish. He parked the car in the garage and left the door open and went inside to call. He came back into the garage and this bird had only been stunned and was now fully awake and running around in his garage. This eagle was not happy to see him. Game and Fish came out and was like, "Uh-oh...what now???" This eagle was not happy to see Game & Fish, either. A raptor rehabber was called and from what the paper said at the time, they had a lot of "fun" catching this eagle. Guy got lucky the bird did not gain consciousness while he was driving. Eagle went to the wildlife rehabber and all was cool. But carpooling with a Golden Eagle was an experience all involved will most likely never forget, including the eagle.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 11:55:59 am »
What does illegal mean ?
Never heard such a word before !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 03:51:45 pm »
What does illegal mean ?
Never heard such a word before !!

Illegal is a word that only applies to people that get caught.  >:D  Don't worry about man.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!