Author Topic: how to resize photos  (Read 4487 times)

Offline osagejack

how to resize photos
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:55:08 pm »
could some one help me on how to resize photos,,i know nothing about computers,,they wont post I think they are to big,, how do I resize them on computer or camera  thanks,,mike

Offline bubby

Re: how to resize photos
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:54:09 am »
I use photobucket, they automatically resize the pics, it's free and fairly easy
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:59:27 am »
Email them to yourself. They will be resized. Save then post
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 11:15:32 am »
Right click on the picture, click on open with "Paint", once it opens at the top left you will see "resize/skew", click on that and make your pics 35 x 35. They will be well under 200 kb, but still big and easy to see  on here. Click " Save" when your done and your good to go. Its easy.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline munkinstein

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 02:42:21 pm »
For windows 7 users:

Download the following tool: http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Install.

Right click, on picture, or group of pictures.  There should be a new option in the menu entitled "resize picture".

A dialog bow will open up asking to select the size for the picture.  Best to select small, as this will ensure the picture is under 200 kb.  It isn't really small per se.  It does not degrade image quality.

For windows xp:

There is a similar tool, from microsoft, but I cannot seem to find it. 

I use this tool exclusively for resizing pictures.  It is small, easy to use and free.  Far better than the other suggestions in here.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 03:09:35 pm »
I would recommend using the maximum resolution that the forum will allow, which is 640 x 480 pixels.  Especially if you plan on submitting your bow in the BOM contest, the bigger the better.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 06:49:19 pm »
Just been through resizing pictures here myself osage jack.I'm not that computer savy either.Like said by fellas earlier the photo bucket works great for some.I think the link munkestein should work too.I had a fella come in here and he down loaded a resizer that I use.Helpful group here though.Stay after it you'll get it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 09:31:45 am »
All I can say is you fellows on PA are lucky I don't know how to post photos!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight