Author Topic: New from columbus Ga.  (Read 3664 times)

Offline ryanmcc3773

New from columbus Ga.
« on: July 05, 2013, 12:22:13 pm »
Hello everyone. I am seriously excited about joining and have enjoyed some of the post. A friend and I are strictly archery hunting only and we are now stepping it up a notch. We are looking to build our own bows to hunt with. Any help with tips and constructive nit picking will be welcomed with open minds as to learn from and use. Thank you and Have a good day.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New from columbus Ga.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 02:44:13 pm »
Welcome to PA, Ryan. You are in the right place. Post some questions under the appropriate headings to help you get started.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 05:19:15 pm »
Welcome.  This is a special place.  I'm glad you found it.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline sgtdesertstorm

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 02:36:20 pm »
Hey Man ,, I am in Brown Springs/PineKnot Creek area ,, and am a Newbie as well ,, a bowyer/blacksmith on a budget . I have the idea of doing a Crepe Myrtle selfbow , with river cane arrows , and trade points ( made myself) . only the rain and Satelite TV keep me from finishing them ....

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 03:55:59 pm »
Lotsa people in here that are pretty passionate about this madness, virtually everyone here will open their trickbags and teach you all they can.  Kinda hard to keep a secret technique in this crowd.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline ryanmcc3773

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 04:22:47 pm »
Hey Man ,, I am in Brown Springs/PineKnot Creek area ,, and am a Newbie as well ,, a bowyer/blacksmith on a budget . I have the idea of doing a Crepe Myrtle selfbow , with river cane arrows , and trade points ( made myself) . only the rain and Satelite TV keep me from finishing them ....
I'm not sure I know where that is but the build sounds like it'll be fun. I am starting on a red oak board bow for my first build and I will be posting pictures soon. Thanks guys for the welcoming.   

Offline sgtdesertstorm

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 08:08:30 am »
Brown Springs/Pineknot Creek is on HWY335 in Marion County ,, its borders Ft Benning , I live on PINEKNOT CREEK one of only 5 families that do ,,, see pineknot only has about  a  mile of creek before it goes into Ft Benning ,, its also close to Juniper Lake Area.

I do have a pic of a fawn I rescued from the Chain Link last Sunday .. the Doe came up blowing and I returned her fawn before she ran into the fence to get to me .