Author Topic: Forum names  (Read 14031 times)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Re: Forum names
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 05:09:33 pm »
My middle name is "Augustus", like my Grandfather before me.
I used to HATE the name "Augustus" or "Gus" as a child.
Got into as many fights over it as my red hair, last name, and several other things combined.

But then one day I stopped resisting it and embraced it.
Wore it with pride...
But I still got into just as many fights over it as my red hair, last name, and several other things combined.
Just for a different reason...    :o

-GUS!    8)
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 05:20:11 pm »
I live in Washington St. we just vote initiative 502 in, I was thinking I'll have a hard time remembering my pass word, much less a fake name when the time comes..LOL,  Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Marks

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 05:54:56 pm »
MarkS = Mark Smith

Some think my last name is Marks. Not so. I get on several forums and don't feel like making up a catchy related name for each of them. I get on a duck hunting, squirrel dog, hog dog, and PA forum. Keep it simple.

Offline bubby

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 07:14:31 pm »
I've been called bub, bubba and bubby all my life, bubby is the one the forum took, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline swimbill

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 08:30:39 pm »
Swimbill - name is Bill, been coaching swimming for about 30 years

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 09:51:49 pm »
ive been called and will answer to just about anything
i.e if ya go outside and yell hey dumb@$$  ill prolly  answer back YES SIR!
i decided that my first initial and last name were more spporpriate than most others im called
keeps it easy for me
Kevin 

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 10:15:40 pm »
Too many southern boys calling themselves catfish, cooter, bubba, etc. Figured I'd use the only fish with a gizzard, true to the south and good eating anyway you fix it. Plus my family made a living in the 40's and 50's catching and selling them. I did it as a joke and kinda stuck with it now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 10:25:34 pm »
My name is Guy and I am from Ohio , the Buckeye state !
For years I have been known in Michigan as Guy from Ohio !
The folks in Indiana were not so kind, just called me Buckeye !
So when I finally signed up for PA ,I figured Buckeye Guy would cover it , and my proper name, "Worthless Old Nut" just seams to long !
Have fun !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 11:28:22 pm »
Too many southern boys calling themselves catfish, cooter, bubba, etc. Figured I'd use the only fish with a gizzard, true to the south and good eating anyway you fix it. Plus my family made a living in the 40's and 50's catching and selling them. I did it as a joke and kinda stuck with it now.

I always thought your name was based on your hair style in the 80's
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 12:07:15 am »

He had hair?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 12:51:16 am »

Me too! Kinda looked like Joe Dirt as I imagined it >:D
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 10:09:25 am »
When it came time to determine what my screen name would be I drew a complete blank. The same thing had happened earlier when I signed up for another site which would be used by my wife and me so I kept the name. My wife's name is Leslie and mine is Kenny, hence the LesKen and the year I joined was 2011 so that is where is came from. I know....why couldn't it be something cool like Robin Hood, or something. Well, too late now.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 10:31:20 am »
I have been "indianguy" for as long as I have been on archery talk sites, Half Chickasaw and half mutt!  ;D
Although the kids in my archery class  call me "The Eagle".. Kinda like that name, might change to that some day.  8)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 10:49:44 am »
Pat B...first name last initial. Its the best I could come up with...that I could use on PA.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 11:09:56 am »
Never could understand the handle thing. I guess everyone picks one because everyone else does, a monkey see, monkey do kind of thing.

People come up to me at shoots and say" I am cow patty from the stickbow". Just as well be telling me they are a space alien from mars. If they had said "I am Bill Jenkins" I would remember them from the site, handles confuse me. Then again, I am crotchety old guy who doesn't fit comfortably in a lot of what are considered normal, modern behavior patterns.

Tell you how odd I am; I don't own a cell phone and drink city water right out of the tap, now thats pretty odd nowadays.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:14:43 am by Eric Krewson »