Author Topic: Going to try Fox! your thoughts?  (Read 19718 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Going to try Fox! your thoughts?
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2013, 07:45:12 am »
Looks like she's getting ready to cry. ???
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »

Or hurl...
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2013, 02:48:53 pm »
     Yes Sir, you've got a good one there.  I think she realizes, that in case of a world class calamity, she and you will be able to at least eat, while the rest of the population, are busy trying to take what they can from those weaker than them.  Now, you can practice your wilderness living, and foraging skills.  Learn the local edible plants, and making fish traps, and snares, and other primitive traps.  Not that you should actually use them,  ::) but learn how to. ;)  Also learn to make primitive shelters, deep in the forests, near a water source, but too close. Learn to make a suitable water craft, even it is just a poncho, or plastic sheeting canoe. All things that will serve you well, even if it is only for the knowledge.  Just don't let the Sheriff of Nottingham, catch in Sherwood forest!  :o :o :o ;D ;D  Well sir, I would hoist a pint (Pabst Blue Ribbon) to the two of you, but.....but.....I have to go to the store, to get some more, as I am out!!! :o :o :o :P :(  Glad to hear that all went well, and there were no, harsh comments about your mental capacity to process normal, and ethically practical, eating behavior, as is perceived by the masses. ;)  Well keep us posted of other gastronomical adventures  you dare to step into.  Enjoyed this thread.  We have, or had a book over here called the road kill cafe.  Had road kill recipes in it. :P ;)  Perhaps you should write a book on the delicacy of road kill, and pest control dietary delights.  Sort of a vagabonds Epicurean guide to the back road travelers, menu and recipes of fine dining. :P ::) ;D
                                                       Wayne

Offline 4dog

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2013, 03:01:59 pm »
Well i'll be , the Squirrel got him a girl, good for you!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2013, 04:10:20 pm »
1. Only one of the squirrels has a girlfriend ;)
2. I think learning how to use traps is fun. Just don't use them on actual animals unless you have dire need.
Primitive shelters are fun, but learn how to conceal them.
Practice with the poncho or tarp canoe in a pool, not a lake or pond. Its a lot safer.

LOL ;)
This is some sort of joke, right?
http://www.road-kill-cafe.com/roadkill.html
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2013, 05:02:06 pm »
     Yes Sir, you've got a good one there.  I think she realizes, that in case of a world class calamity, she and you will be able to at least eat, while the rest of the population, are busy trying to take what they can from those weaker than them.  Now, you can practice your wilderness living, and foraging skills.  Learn the local edible plants, and making fish traps, and snares, and other primitive traps.  Not that you should actually use them,  ::) but learn how to. ;)  Also learn to make primitive shelters, deep in the forests, near a water source, but too close. Learn to make a suitable water craft, even it is just a poncho, or plastic sheeting canoe. All things that will serve you well, even if it is only for the knowledge.  Just don't let the Sheriff of Nottingham, catch in Sherwood forest!  :o :o :o ;D ;D  Well sir, I would hoist a pint (Pabst Blue Ribbon) to the two of you, but.....but.....I have to go to the store, to get some more, as I am out!!! :o :o :o :P :(  Glad to hear that all went well, and there were no, harsh comments about your mental capacity to process normal, and ethically practical, eating behavior, as is perceived by the masses. ;)  Well keep us posted of other gastronomical adventures  you dare to step into.  Enjoyed this thread.  We have, or had a book over here called the road kill cafe.  Had road kill recipes in it. :P ;)  Perhaps you should write a book on the delicacy of road kill, and pest control dietary delights.  Sort of a vagabonds Epicurean guide to the back road travelers, menu and recipes of fine dining. :P ::) ;D
                                                       Wayne

wow, thanks. im thinking of making a second youtube channel called "backyardbushcraft" where i can put all my videos of bow making, fire lighting, fox skinning/eating, ect... that way i can put all my short films on my current channel.
London, England.

45#@28"

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2013, 05:13:06 pm »
                                                       Wayne

wow, thanks. im thinking of making a second youtube channel called "backyardbushcraft" where i can put all my videos of bow making, fire lighting, fox skinning/eating, ect... that way i can put all my short films on my current channel.
You ever tried flint and steel fire lighting?
Its pretty fun.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2013, 05:17:59 pm »
                                                       Wayne

Its pretty fun.

yep, sure have. its fun but takes ages
London, England.

45#@28"

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2013, 05:57:18 pm »
                                                       Wayne

Its pretty fun.

BS... not as long as a fire with matches in a windy place ;)

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2013, 06:02:56 pm »
                                                       Wayne

Its pretty fun.

funny you should say that because today i was burning all the bows in the takedown bow meuseum (my pile of broken bows) and realised when they are stacked up right and with the right fire starter and kindling you can set fire to a 3" thick branch with a single match and it was very windy. not saying your wrong as i know what you mean from 7 years of camping :laugh:

Or hurl...

or both :o LOL JK
London, England.

45#@28"

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2013, 06:54:55 pm »
                                                       Wayne

Its pretty fun.

funny you should say that because today i was burning all the bows in the takedown bow meuseum (my pile of broken bows) and realised when they are stacked up right and with the right fire starter and kindling you can set fire to a 3" thick branch with a single match and it was very windy. not saying your wrong as i know what you mean from 7 years of camping :laugh:

Or hurl...

or both :o LOL JK
OK, before I go eat- I have found that if its very windy, the wind tends to blow out your matches very, very quickly. In contrast, it just makes your charcloth burn really, really fast.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2013, 07:46:27 pm »
cousins dont count lol

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2013, 08:54:34 pm »

Offline stickbender

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2013, 09:52:25 pm »
cousins dont count lol

Depends on where you're from.......  ;) ::)

Wayne

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »
cousins dont count lol

Depends on where you're from.......  ;) ::)

Wayne

Don't even go there, I hate it when people have that stereotype about the south
I like osage