Author Topic: Getting Old and Cranky  (Read 14146 times)

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Re: Getting Old and Cranky
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013, 06:23:39 pm »
I think all offended parties on both sides just need a breather. Take a break from the keyboard and the monitor, chip some rocks, make some shavings, heck maybe even go turn a stump into a pincushion. Cool your jets, then come back with fresh eyes, fresh egos, and fresh ideas.

Sometimes we need to remember that for all the good message boards are, a keyboard can not convey tone of voice. This means that there will be misunderstandings and miscommunications because somebody reads something with a different tone than somebody typed it with.  Simple statements come off arrogant, humor falls flat, a polite argument sounds harsh and judgmental.  Maybe this is what has happened here.
+1
The English Language conveys more info through unspoken communication than through spoken/typed communication.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline seabass

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 10:50:41 pm »
can't we all just get along.i came to this site for the people,best on earth.i have to deal with idiots everyday.it is really refreshing to come home from work and log on to pa.it is sort of my therapy to talk to like minded people that have the same values that i have.i know both guys involved in this argument.you both are good upstanding gentelmen.i really don't understand all this.we need to have our opinions,but undrstand that others don't feel the same way.this is what makes us different and we learn new things from others.i told Pappy once,if we were all the same it would be pretty boring.please reconsider guys,we want you to stay.that is all i got to say except that you all are great and i am glad i met ya.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 11:26:58 pm »
If this wasn't so sad it be plain, silly. Geeez, guys. :-\ ???
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 12:24:54 am »
Come  on Joe, we love Ya man, hang in here with me bro.  From one ole Paratrooper  to another, stand in the door one more time with me.  The green light is on.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 12:34:44 am »
I am probably the only person here that has been put up as a guest in both your homes.  This is a minor misunderstanding that has been fostered by a lack of nonverbal communication.  There is no reason for hurt feelings. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 09:59:01 am »
I'm deeply saddened by the direction this has gone. 

I've been making bows since the first issue of Primitive Archer magazine; since before the internet.  Yet for the very same reasons as what has happened I'm very hesitant in responding to requests for help, to post suggestions on what works for me.  It is all too easy for typed words to be misconstrued... for then second, third and fourth opinions to turn into negative debate and hurt feelings.

We love you both here, and wish you'd reconsider
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 12:30:29 pm »
Well said Matt.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 02:31:27 pm »
Sadly, it was the dogpile that made everything blow out of proportion.  Bad enough one person misunderstood/misinterpreted the issue, but then ...  well, just re-read the first page or two and think about it. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2013, 03:05:56 pm »
Crap , i gotta reread, cause I sure hope i wasnt in that dogpile, Iowabow was helping me get my ABO on. I need him. Someone PM me that mans e-mail,, pronto!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 03:37:53 pm »
4dog- he moved over too a friendlier atmosphere for ABO.  You can find him on paleoplanet in the ABO knapping section under the user name JohnBybee.  He was helping a lot of us here and I'm sure that once he gets more familiar with that sight, he will be more than happy to continue helping us along.  I'm planning on setting up over there as well.  Josh

Offline 4dog

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2013, 03:43:22 pm »
Cool thanks , im a member there guess my handle,,, lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2013, 04:11:34 pm »
I have found paleoplanet to be friendly, and open. Much like PA.
However, its hard to navigate compared to PA, and the forum is bigger.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2013, 04:59:21 pm »
I'm pretty new here.
so I got no dog in this.
but I come here to read, watch, learn and contribute as much as I can.
I'm only a member here and one other forum.
but I've seen a bunch of other forums go to hell in a hand basket
I'm praying that it doesn't happen here over a miscommunication
or the typed word maybe takin out of context
Kevin

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2013, 10:36:42 pm »
Sadly, it was the dogpile that made everything blow out of proportion.  Bad enough one person misunderstood/misinterpreted the issue, but then ...  well, just re-read the first page or two and think about it. 

JW, I tried to warn everyone about the dogpile but,, I guess a few had to step in it.

paleo planet is a good site but it got too big and cumberson for me. I started out there as a Mod when it first started up, still go there occasionally.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Stringman

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2013, 11:23:37 pm »
I have it on good confidence that the problem is resolved. They chose to work it out over the phone instead of online.