Author Topic: Getting Old and Cranky  (Read 14186 times)

Offline Roy

Re: Getting Old and Cranky
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2013, 03:12:21 pm »
Yup, Blackhawk.. :) ;)

Offline iowabow

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2013, 03:17:18 pm »
I would like to apologize for my comment.  I had the same misunderstanding about your copper posts as Joe did.  I was upset over the fact that he was leaving because of it.  I'm glad that you guys worked it out and I'm thankful that you have returned to PA.   
You honored him by standing by his  side I respect that. You are a true and loyal friend to him and did not want to see trouble on PA. You guys are good examples for young men that need to see good role models. Both of you have touched many peoples lives in  positive ways. You both stood up for what you thought was right at that time. The way I presented the many post made it hard for people like you to get it right away. No harm done we are good. Thank you for the kind trade you made Isaac last year at the classic that was an example of who you are more than any thing.
I did hurt my feelings for a day (my mom hugged to much as a kid) and your post is appreciated, thank you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:30:41 pm by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline seabass

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2013, 06:21:21 pm »
i am with Clint on this one.i didn't even know who Joe had a problem with.i thought someone was really messing with him.i am so glad you fellas talked and worked things out.i was bummed thinking that we was loosing two great members.thank you guys for patching things up.it just shows what kind of people that we have here.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2013, 10:59:35 pm »
Then we talked about elk hunting...end of story.

It had to come to that end, of course.  All John has on his mind these days is this trip to Colorado to hunt elk.  He is becoming an insufferable bore on the subject.  You could be discussing smartphone options and he will turn it around to elk hunting.  Poor guy has it and has it bad. 

John, we need to have an intervention.  We all love you, but you are fast becoming an elkaholic.   ;D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2013, 11:24:13 pm »
Then we talked about elk hunting...end of story.

It had to come to that end, of course.  All John has on his mind these days is this trip to Colorado to hunt elk.  He is becoming an insufferable bore on the subject.  You could be discussing smartphone options and he will turn it around to elk hunting.  Poor guy has it and has it bad. 

John, we need to have an intervention.  We all love you, but you are fast becoming an elkaholic.   ;D

WHY ARE  YOU NOT WRITING FOR TV.....you are so good at setting up for a punch line lol
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2013, 08:54:00 am »
Whew, great news!   I feel better now.   :)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Roy

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2013, 09:08:42 am »
Now that I think about this, Pearl Drums is getting old and cranky too... :) ;)

Offline 4dog

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2013, 09:29:38 am »
Uh guys glad your back,now Iowa, now kindly REPOST ALL YOU HAD REMOVED!!!!!!!  Lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2013, 08:21:07 pm »
     Glad to see an open gate was installed in the fence. :D  We don't need to lose anyone, especially due to miscommunication.! I enjoy the articles from each of you.  I am glad the fence was mended.  As for being an Elkaholic.....  rest assured that J.W. knows of which he speaks.  As the old saying goes, takes one to know one. ;) ;D  Once you hear an Elk bugle, it is pretty much over as to not being addicted to Elk hunting.  Especially when it is near you!  Thrilling and somewhat scary at the same time!  Just imagine how our prehistoric ancestors in Europe felt, hunting those giant stags, with nine foot wide antlers, and having one or more of those babies bugle, and grunt near you! :o :o 8) Must have been quite a lot of little cracking sounds as the sphincter muscles of our ancestors were suddenly contracting! ::)  ::) ;D Again glad to hear all is well again, and no hard feelings left around.  Since we are on this subject, if I ever offend anyone, it is not intentional.  I may be ribbing someone, and they may not like it.  Just pm me, and I will remove the post, and apologize. I can veer off too far sometimes, so if I do, just let me know, and I will get back in line.  I like the idea of being able to use abo tools, but I can't at the moment, so I use copper.  Not well, but at least I can make functional, if not pretty, like the rest of you.  As for abo, and traditional, Emory Coons can do it all, but he hunts with a compound, with his arrow heads.  It's just how you personally want to go about it.  I don't mind criticism as long as it is constructive.
  I don't need mean criticism, I give myself enough of that.  But we each do things the way that suits us, and I glad that we can share our own personnel ways of doing something.  Because we can learn from others, even if we don't agree with the method.  I learned a lot of stuff on here.  Jack Crafty has a nifty way of thinning, that I like.  But thankfully we share, and that is what this site is about.  Thanks guys, glad to see this end well. :) 8)

Wayne

« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:31:10 pm by stickbender »

Offline Roy

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2013, 11:59:27 pm »
Ya know how dumb I am?

What does this ABO stand for anyway:)

Offline stickbender

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2013, 03:47:27 am »

Not dumb at all.  Abo is an abbreviation for Aboriginal, or Native American, or stone age , and early iron age ancestors.
Mainly just primitive, or using only what our ancestors would have used, like antler, bone, stone, sinew, and so forth,and not using copper, or other metal, to knapp stone.  it can cover a wide meaning, and objects, methods, and so forth. ;)

Wayne

Offline Roy

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2013, 08:51:45 am »
Thanks, Wayne.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:37:52 am by Roy »

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2013, 09:14:17 am »
Roy, No bandsaws for bows, must be made with stone axes an knifes :( :( :o  ;DBob

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2013, 09:15:37 am »
Atta boy, Roy. Thanks for asking. Now I know, too!! ::)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Roy

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2013, 09:45:01 am »
No problem, Kenny. I thought ABO was "A Big Osage".. :)