Author Topic: any ruger lcp 380 owners out there?  (Read 3842 times)

Offline seabass

any ruger lcp 380 owners out there?
« on: July 07, 2013, 03:10:49 pm »
hey guys.i am looking for information on a really good and comfortable holster for concealed carry for the lcp 380.i would like eiather a pocket type holster or something discreet to wear on my belt.any info on this would be great.thanks,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline sonny

Re: any ruger lcp 380 owners out there?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:29:08 pm »
sent you a PM with a link. wasn't sure I should post it here.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 03:52:48 pm »
I have a Blackhawk paddle type holster for my .45 ACP.  It was highly recommended by three different guys at the Cabelas where I purchased it.  All three had been over in the sandbox and had used these style holsters where and when it counted.  The model I have locks the pistol solidly into the holster and cannot release it without the trigger finger laying down into a groove on the outside of the holster where it depresses the release.  Unless it is the wearer's gun hand, it is almost impossible to release the mechanism and free the gun. 

Second benefit is that the trigger finger is automatically "indexed" properly OUTSIDE the trigger guard and laid along the rail in a safe position when the gun is slid out from the holster.  The paddle portion of the holster slides over the belt and waistband of your britches.  That leaves the gun holstered outside the pants.  There is a tiny little bit of plastic that grabs a hold of the waistband of your britches that makes it damn near impossible to remove the holster short of dropping trou' and using both hands.  'Nother benefit if someone tries to pull the whole gun and holster away from you.  Just don't wear Chippendale style tear-away pants with this holster. Don't ask me how I know this.  :-[

With the design of the holster, the trigger is covered by the holster, so it is pretty damn safe to carry the 1911 in the old "cocked and locked" position, even if I can't make myself do that.  But that feature is also pretty handy for a double action pistol, keeps you from pulling the trigger while trying to pull the gun, one of the most common unintentional discharges*. 

Hope that helps.

*There are no gun accidents, only unintentional discharges.  Guns don't have accidents, someone or something  makes them go off. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Online chamookman

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:35:54 pm »
Steve - I'm a fan of IWB (inside the waistband) holsters. I carry concealed (a 1911 or a Springfield XD 9mm.), for Me the IWB's work well. JW - gotta love the 1911 - My Wilson is always "cocked-locked and ready to rock" !!!!!!!!! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 07:52:28 pm »
Steve, I use an inside the waist holster. It can be used right or left handed. You'll have to ask stickbender the brand, he gave it to me.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline seabass

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 09:05:45 pm »
thanks for your input guys.this is my second handgun that i will have on me.i am gonna carry two.my first will be a nine and my second will be this little ruger.i wanted to see what you fellers say.i wan't a pocket holster,but i have seen a few belt holsters that might fill the bill.thanks for all responses.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Adam

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 09:13:35 pm »
I have a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster and a Galco IWB that both work very well.  Very little printing with either one.  I never felt comfortable with my 1911 IWB holster with just a t shirt over it.  I'm paranoid someone's going to see it and flip out.  I'm probably giving the general population way too much credit for situational awareness, so the LCP gets much more carry time in warmer months and the 1911 sees service when I have a jacket on.

Offline seabass

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 09:23:03 pm »
thank you Adam,i will sure look at them.thank you.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 09:29:17 pm »
i have been looking at a sneaky pete belt holster,but it has been getting mixed revues.i might just make my own.thank you guys or your input.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline DGF

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 10:01:32 pm »
I like the Mika pocket holster for my 38, and imagine it would work nicely for the lcp as well.

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 10:32:02 pm »
I have a cross bread for my 380 sig works really well its to is an inside the belt rig. I however carry it inside the bib on my overalls. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 09:56:29 am »
I carry a my lcp 380 in a uncle mikes pocket holster....since i have to dress up for work khaki's and dress shirts it's soft enough to conform to my leg some and doesn't look like a gun shape while in my pocket..pretty much everyone thinks it's just my iphone.
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 10:33:10 am »
Hey Steve, My son has got one for his. It can either go inside the belt or in the pocket, nice and thin and when its in the pocket, the holster will stay there when you pull the gun out. I'm going to get one myself for mine. Don't know the brand but he got it at Afield on Harrison Aue., by me, down toward Maimitown. If you want I can get you one, I don't think they cost much. PM me you number then we can hook up.   BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 11:17:34 am »
Steve, talked to my son, he said it is a Uncle Mike's, he thinks it was $12 bucks.  BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 07:48:27 pm »
sending you a pm Dan.thanks brother.
Middletown,Ohio