Author Topic: New Puppies  (Read 4796 times)

Offline 4dog

Re: New Puppies
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 11:01:36 am »
Ok i apologize for my post, i have dogs, i have bred my dogs (Boston Terriers) and i can see how it may have offended you,perhaps my bad attempt at lightening up and making ya laugh at a hard situation, but i truly thought i made it plain it was a joke, again conratulations.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 11:16:28 am »
I want one!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 11:58:56 am »
Dave has some fine dogs Pearly.  I got to meet them at his Moontree gathering.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Josh B

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 12:15:37 pm »
Man do I love puppies!  I sure am sorry you lost some Dave. :(  On the brighter side, seeing the rest of em all rooted in there for chow sure put a big smile on my face! ;D. Thanks for sharing them with us!  Josh

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 03:13:19 pm »
4dogs, no problem.  It was just a very stressful day.

The runt is back home from puppy ICU. It was sucking on a bottle, so the vet thought it would be fine.  Re-introducing her to Puddin' was a bit tense, but it worked out.

Pearly, we have 5 puppies.  The owner of the stud dogs gets one and we're keeping a girl.  So, there's 3 we will be selling.

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:38 pm »
Mama looks like she's doin' fine. Good luck with the puppies.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 10:48:07 pm »
Never owned a Brit, but I have been blessed to receive the hard work of a few out in the field for pheasants.  I can only imagine the waves of joy getting down in the floor in a pile of those pups could bring. 

I never had enough dogs growing up. But then, if I would had a hundred I could and probably would say the same thing. Give my best to Mama Puddin'. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 12:18:48 am »
Awesome.  I like the last pic of the mama dog - she looks proud of herself.  :)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 01:39:14 am »
Thanks guy for all the kind words of encouragement.

JW, I hunted over my first Brittany in the winter of '90.  By spring I got my first one.  I've had them ever since.  They make great house dogs with loving dispositions.  But, when they see pull out a shotgun, it's all business.  I usually, put shock collars on them just in case they need a little reminder in the field.  It's so funny to watch them when I get the shock collar case out.  Both, Puddin' and her mom, Jas, run over and sit at my feet with their necks stuck out so I can put the collars on them.  They know those collars mean they get to go hunting with Dad.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline chamookman

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 06:02:30 am »
Congrats on the Pups Dave ! My English Setter Izzy does the same thing. Get out the shotgun/collar or God forbid She hears the tinkle of the Her bell when I get My vest out - She starts bouncing off the walls and running to the back door, ready to get in the truck to go Huntin' . Gotta love pics of Puppies and Kids -ALWAYS puts a BIG grin on My face ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 11:13:24 am »
Nice litter Dave! Always a bummer to lose one :(. I'm with Pappy, I favor runts and had an English Pointer because of it. Best bird dog ever. Hope to see the new addition next spring at Moontree.

Tracy

Oh yeah, I hope my wife doesn't see the pics and please disregard her pm Dave >:D
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 01:12:03 pm »
It's so funny to watch them when I get the shock collar case out.  Both, Puddin' and her mom, Jas, run over and sit at my feet with their necks stuck out so I can put the collars on them. 

That right there speaks volumes for you as a dog trainer.  Far too any people do not use e-collars correctly and do nothing but ruin a good dog.  Frankly, I would bet that a good 95% of all e-collars in use are doing nothing but ruining the relationship between the dog and the handler, causing the dog excessive confusion, and making the handler think their dog is being "bad" or "stubborn".

To your dogs, the e-collar represents the opportunity to go do things that please you and reinforce your relationship.  And after all, that's what a dog loves doing.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 01:16:00 pm »
Runts make the best dogs in my limited experience. Growing up we had a number of dogs, and the runts were always among my favorites.  Congrats on the new additions.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 08:37:56 pm »
The runt has lost weight, so she's spending the night back in puppy ICU with a feeding tube.  We're still hopeful.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 08:52:38 pm »
Dogs, IMO, are better than people 90% of the time.

Growing up, I had a doberman, as an only child she was with me ALL THE TIME and my best friend.

My wife and I have had boxers.  Fantastic breed, especially with kids, and about the funniest breed on the planet.  One of the few dog breeds that wag not just their nubbin tails, but their entire back half....ours touches head to beeehind all the time.

So, that said the Stonedogs and Charlie the boxer are sending boxer wiggles, kisses and good thought from the hoomens!
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying