Author Topic: Any flintknappers near Columbus, GA ???  (Read 2624 times)

Offline seminolewind

Any flintknappers near Columbus, GA ???
« on: June 18, 2013, 12:25:03 am »
I'll be up thataway up from Tampa around the 10th of July training Army snipers at Ft. Benning for a couple days, maybe we could meet up and make a trade on some rock or I'll bring my tools and well knock some out. Let me know !
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline David_Daugherty

Re: Any flintknappers near Columbus, GA ???
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 12:45:10 am »
If you cant find anyone closer I am about an hour south of Montgomery.  We are knapping just about every weekend.  I would even be interested in trading for knapping rock.  Would be glad to meet you over in columbus for a trade.
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 09:39:18 am »
Dang that would be a heck of a drive for you. Too bad Im not gonna be there over the weekend I would love to swing by and meet everyone. I wouldnt be able to carry much rock at all home in my carry on luggage anyway. I dont have a lot in the way of rock but could trade for some bamboo shafts I get locally they are pretty nice.
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline David_Daugherty

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 03:08:07 pm »
If you ever come to Ft Rucker or Eglin AFB be sure to let me know.  Those 2 bases are pretty close to us.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »
Ok cool man good to know ill be up with 7th group at Elgin later this year!

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline David_Daugherty

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 10:01:33 pm »
If you come up in the fall or winter bring your huntin stuff and i'l.l hook you up with some deer hunting.  I hunt about 2000 acres.  Just let me know when your up this way.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »
If you come up in the fall or winter bring your huntin stuff and i'l.l hook you up with some deer hunting.  I hunt about 2000 acres.  Just let me know when your up this way.

Now that sounds like a plan! unfortunately in Sept I'll be in Afcrapistan for 6 months. I'll hopefully get to link up when up there at Eglin. take er easy !

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »
Seminolewind has very nice bamboo shafts.