Author Topic: Show us your Archery Related Leathercraft  (Read 4818 times)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: Show us your Archery Related Leathercraft
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 08:21:33 am »
Jacko- very nice work!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 09:50:55 pm »
Here's a pic of a new arm guard for a customer that called and canceled at the last second so now I'm stuck with a left handed arm guard and I'm right handed. Sorry for the crappy pic light was too bright.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 01:50:14 pm »
Might have posted some of these already, but these are a few of the more recent armguards I have made.

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 03:10:52 pm »
Wow great looking armguards cameroo! How'd you get that pitted metal look on the bottom left one?
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 03:21:34 pm »
bottom left isn't made from bottom of a turtle shell is it?  I like the gator arm guard!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 04:04:14 pm »
These were all made of veg-tanned cowhide leather.  The "gator" one is just veg-tanned cowhide that was embossed to look like that.  For the one on the bottom left I cased the leather (moistened with a damp sponge), and then just bashed it on some concrete in the back yard with a hammer  >:D

The lace on the gator one is is braided in the "mexican basket weave" style, and I think it took the better part of a day to finish, so I can really appreciate the time that must have gone into some of Jacko's work.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 05:31:29 pm »
Very Cool Cameroo  :D could you do a how too on the Gator effect Armguard next time the mood moves you to make one thankyou, I really like that effect Gator / Croc Hide is super expensive and knowing how to do a Faux Pattern would provide Years of entertainment . I was given an old Crocodile Skin Belt that I'm going to use for Inlays for Knife Sheaths,, Armguards etc.  It's illegal to posses Native Aussie Snake Skins Cameroo and Imports are very expensive so I used a Material called Flannelette. I have not been able to by any more of that Print since the late 90's. I understand 3 Rivers sell a Material Backing printed with various Snake skin backings now, I truly would rather the real thing!

Here's a couple of my Armguards I made a few Years back that have since been handed on.

Please keep the Photo's of your Work coming Folks. It does not matter if you think it's good, I've been bumbling along for 20 years and it's my imagination and ability to hide mistakes gets me through. We all have something or idea's in our Crafts that others have not seen yet

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin