Author Topic: Congratulations to Weylin for winning Self BOM!!! Full draw pic added  (Read 5292 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
June Self BOM

Congratulations to Weylin for winning Self BOM  with his “Evenstar” Osage Recurve (Trade Bow)

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,40669.0.html

Here is what Weylin had to say about his build: Here is my bow that I made for the 2013 Bow Trade. It is called "Evenstar." It is 66" nock to nock made from osage orange. I got the stave from Dean Marlow, it was straight, thick ringed and had maybe one pin knot in the whole piece. I almost felt like I was cheating after some of the pieces I have worked with in the past. It pulls 55# @ 28".  It is 1.5" from the fades to mid limb tapering to 3/8" at the tips. It has pin nocks overlayed with ebony wood. The handle is leather with leather lacing. The stain on the bow and the handle is Fiebing's leather dye and the stars are painted with acrylic. The bow is finished with eight coats of tru-oil and buffed with pumice powder. I'm really happy with how this bow turned out, I hope the recipient enjoys shooting it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Comments from forum members:
That is one fine piece of work there fella! Someone is going to be real happy.  lostarrow

That just leaves me breathless!  JW

Absolutely Beautiful!  Stunning!!  portlandfire

Yup, like the guys say, beautiful.
I particularly like the sculpted in overlay/inlay tips... little bit different, very classy.
Del

Very nice job, Weylin. The black and yellow contrast is sweet as well as the white stars and transition wraps. Those are some awesome tips, too.  lesken

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:27:07 am by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline seabass

Re: Congratulations to Weylin for winning Self BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 10:45:36 pm »
very cool bow Weylin.i like it alot.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Very nice, Weylin, nice curves.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Congrats on your win Weylin.  Sorry for the delay on getting your collage finished, I've been on vacation :)

Offline Josh B

A well deserved win Weylin!  That bow is classy!  Josh

Offline Weylin

Thanks, everyone! I'm honored.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
A well deserved win Weylin!  That bow is classy!  Josh

My thoughts exactly
Clatskanie, Oregon