Author Topic: Practicing with knapped points  (Read 4980 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

Re: Practicing with knapped points
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 04:00:13 pm »
thanks Bugtussle-  here is a video I did that might help you with the transitions as well, if you haven't seen it   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-19LW8jq0
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 10:31:03 pm »
Twisted... That is an incredible "how to"!  Thanks for posting.  Pat and yourself inspired me today... When I got off work I started working on a set of Ash arrows and I will start working on a set of points for them this weekend... I guess you can never have too many arrows, huh?  :laugh:
“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they are lost.” -- Dalai Lama

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 10:40:06 pm »
 Thanks Twisted and Pat...........I have been thinking about that very topic for a few months now...This helps  thanks
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 10:42:05 pm »
In the first post, I stated I lost one point while testing my arrows... Well, I used the foam cushion I was shooting at while testing my arrows, as a seat today while knapping... And I found it... Good thing I wasn't knapping in the buff or I might have got severe brain damage!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they are lost.” -- Dalai Lama

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 09:48:17 am »
   The design you knap your heads is where its at. I knap all my huntung heads with out barbs. I use a foam block not the hard foam carbon targets. You can shoot your heads into it 1000's of times if you wish..
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 09:53:13 pm »
Thanks Crookearrow!