Author Topic: names  (Read 10150 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: names
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 07:52:40 am »
I played and owned lots of drum kits from Yamaha's, Tama's and Pearls. Pearls are the best in my ears. So I used the name Pearl Drums knowing I wont ever switch brands the rest of my playing days.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 09:05:34 am »
Starting getting gray and needed reading glasses,someone call me that at the club about 20 years ago and it just stuck. :)  Now I am really get old and gray and need glasses all the time and now it fits. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 09:19:13 am »
Well as a youngster I was thin,real thin.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 09:21:45 am »
I drew a complete blank when I signed up. My wife's name is Leslie and mine is Kenny....so....LesKen and I joined in 2011, hence LesKen2011. Sounds dumb, I know, when I could have had a name like meatstalker or something cool!! ::)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 10:13:35 am »
I thought Lesken was your last name at first.  I was asking everyone at the Classic if they had seen Kenny Lesken.  No wonder I didn't get any help
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 10:13:41 am »
I make game calls,turkey,deer,goose,duck... but mostly turkey calls and I'm from Buffalo NY.
I went by "Buffalo Hunter Game Calls", I needed an online name to sell my calls on Feebay(or Greedbay) and buffalo hunter was taken so I just used Buffalogobbler and it has been with me ever since.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 10:34:43 am »
I was born and raised and live in a large flatland city, I speak cultured English with a Oxford accent, always wear tweed suits with matching ties, and I certainly don't drink white likker. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 11:06:38 am »
Mine was the name of a Martial Arts school we had.. A koan is a riddle without an answer...but it was mostly a cool play on mine and the Ex's middle name. Keith & Joan.. If i could remember how i would just change it to Brian, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 12:57:46 pm »
I have 65 years worth of learning and accomplishments, I don't want a handle to confuse the issue and would rather have people know me by my real name.

Offline Marks

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 01:43:16 pm »
I have 65 years worth of learning and accomplishments, I don't want a handle to confuse the issue and would rather have people know me by my real name.

Yeah, When you are talented like us you don't need a handle.  ;) ;) .

I get on several different forums and I don't want to make a catchy relative name for each of them. Mark Smith = MarkS

Offline 4dog

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 03:22:19 pm »
Pearl D what kind of music do you like to play,, too cool we got us a bona fide rhythm section here!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 03:26:46 pm »
We play it all 4dog. Old country, new country, classic rock, new rock, Prince, Snoop Dog and bunch more I cant think of right now. After so many years it all runs together.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 05:15:03 pm »
I've been called bub, bubbers bubby, bubba, a-hole, but bub and bubby my whole life, they wouldn't let me use bub so bubby got the nod
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 06:13:59 pm »
Read about Ifrit in a book when I was like 8 and thought it sounded cool. been using it ever since.

Jon

Offline sonny

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 07:15:48 pm »
Sonny was my Dad's nickname and he's no longer around so I use that in remembrance of him.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.