Author Topic: Hello from up north  (Read 3023 times)

Offline smithmi

Hello from up north
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:25:33 pm »
My name is Mike, I'm 58 and I live in Ontario, Canada. I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to join. I'm fairly new to archery and have so far made two PVC bows. The first one, a 48" recurve, worked out not bad drawing 30# at 26" but the second one which was a horse bow, experienced lower limb failure and turned me off of that type of bow. I also made a couple of dowel arrows to try out the PVC bow, home made nocks from a BIC pen tube and fletching using coloured electrical tape with plastic stiffeners.

Being as wood working is my hobby I wasn't comfortable working with PVC anyway and decided to try my hand at a wood bow. I have already learned so much from your posts and I'm looking forward to benefiting further from all the knowledge on this site and getting to know some of you. I really, really need advice on the pyramid bow I'm making but will post my questions in the Bows forum.

Mike

Offline lostarrow

Re: Hello from up north
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:52:09 pm »
Where are you ? Ontario is pretty big ;).

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:06:34 am »
Welcome,jump right in,this is a great place to learn. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline smithmi

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 10:09:57 am »
I'm in Kitchener.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 09:32:56 pm »
 I and two others are in London. JLowranger and woodbenderDW. There's at least one guy in your area. Hopefully he'll chime in. Message me if you ever get over this way.

Offline smithmi

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 10:08:25 pm »
Good to know Lostarrow, London is not far. I'll definitely let you know when I'm heading down the 401.
Mike