Author Topic: Will helping get Pappy ready  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Viking

Re: Will helping get Pappy ready
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 10:27:52 pm »
I am amazed at the talent displayed on this forum. These are beautiful, and deadly - great combination.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 06:20:41 am »
It is Grady. ;) ;D ;D around our place everyone has their thing that they either like to do or really good at it so lots of swapping/trading or just helping out goes on.  :) :) I ant good at much so I get a lot of help. ;) ;D ;D :D
   Pappy   
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 11:24:26 pm »
It is Grady. ;) ;D ;D around our place everyone has their thing that they either like to do or really good at it so lots of swapping/trading or just helping out goes on.  :) :) I ant good at much so I get a lot of help. ;) ;D ;D :D
   Pappy   

That's because you're getting old you old fart. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 12:31:34 am »
     Don't let Eddie brow beat you  pappy!  He's no spring chicken himself!  More like an older Banty rooster!  Well you make bows, make brain tan leather, fix tractors, cook and a multitude of other things.  So, yeah, don't let a lack of knapping mean you don't have any particular skills, or abilities. ;)  When you get down to Eddie's you just shoot the biggest and meanest gator you can find, and sit back and let Senor Eddie haul him in, since you're getting so old and all. ;) ;D ;D Dig in the cooler, get a beer, and encourage Eddie as he wrestles with the gator, or give some pointers as to how he should boat him also.  That would be helpful on your part, and ask him if he brought any snacks to go with the beer also, and if he could be a little more careful about rocking the boat, as it is sloshing your beer, and knocking the cheese and crackers off of your knee as you are trying to make a snack. ;)  Oh, and be sure to be polite as he almost has the gator in the boat, ask him if he wants a beer, and hand one in his direction, and after he gets the gator in the boat, and colapses  onto the boat seat, ask if there is anything you can do to help him. ;) ;D ;D ;D  I am sure he would appreciate that, but knowing Eddie, he will probably just say oh, no Pappy, I've got it under control....... just soon as I get my breath back...... where is that beer you were offering me a minute ago?  Don't tease him and say it fell over board though ::) ...... he might not see the humor at the moment.... ;) But good luck with gator hunt.  When are you going?  How long are you going to be down for?  If it is not imposing on Eddie, or you, I would like to go over, and meet you, and pick up some Tonkin cane from the Chinese guy that has big bundles of it, while I am there.  I am about two hours from Eddie.

Wayne
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 02:29:53 am by stickbender »

Offline TRACY

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 08:10:29 pm »
Will does some fantastic work! It'll be real cool to harvest deer on your property with stone and wood from the same place.

Man Will, your arrows almost look too pretty to shoot!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956