Author Topic: KiTH anyone?  (Read 26724 times)

Offline sleek

Re: KiTH anyone?
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2013, 04:31:12 am »
Now that was funny.... Sometimes the post office workers wanna be apples about what I wanna send. So I just leave, buy packaging elsewhere, and come back with it all wrapped up. They cant ask whats in the box, only what it isnt, explosives etc....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline sleek

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2013, 03:36:13 am »
EDIT: Below was all written with me very frustrated. Im going to give a go again.... Time aint up yet. Too soon to throw in the towel. Gonna try to build an oil burning forge of significant size.

Sometimes a guy just needs to know when to admit defeat. I cant get it to harden. It must be my forge isnt big enough to heat the blade evenly. Parts will get nice and hard, others... not so much. With all that going on the stresses inside must be terrible and will require multiple normalizing sessions to be sure it wont fail. I dont have the time or the coal for it, nor money to get the coal.

So I am ashamed, and licked. I am sorry I let my trade partner down. So, unless you want the mess I have made, I will send you the knife that was made for me so at least your not left knifeless. It is a very nice knife with a razor edge.  Very sorry.... It will be a while before I do any more trade events.

Here is what I have

I was going to do a leather washer handle on it, but I can send with it some handle shingles if you want this at all. I sure hate to send off a project though, considering everybody else is sending off a finished knife.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:07:19 pm by sleek »

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2013, 03:27:36 pm »
if you have a small propane torch and a kitchen stove with the old style burners (no glass top) you can heat treat the steel.  The burner aint hot enough by itself and neither is the propane, but togethr they can take it to a nonmagnetic state.  I made a bunch of them like that.

Offline bubby

« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2013, 06:48:02 pm »
got mine ready to ship, 
I tried the mustard patina and it was great on one side but I never could get the other close enough for me so I removed it, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline wildman

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2013, 07:30:19 pm »
Sleek, Don't worry do yhe best ya can. I'm easy to get along with aslong as you tried. Might I suggest a bag of charcol and an old blow drier. I quit mining last week or I would send ya a bag of coal.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline sleek

« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2013, 08:17:03 pm »
Maybe if I am reallllllly bad the rest of the year, santa will come and drop me some coal off....

Offline sleek

« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2013, 03:00:39 am »
Forging 101. Dont build a forge on your driveway. Mine just blew a crater in it. Now how am I going to explain this to my land lady? Meteorite?

Offline bubby

« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2013, 08:17:07 pm »
mine is shipped and should be there monday
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2013, 01:21:04 am »
got the sheath on mine done i'll try and get it in the mail int the next couple days
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline wildman

« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2013, 12:24:29 pm »
Shipping out today
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Parnell

« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2013, 10:05:36 am »
I received my knife from Kevin and needless to say it is amazing.  I've got some pictures and will post soon.  Started my sheath yesterday.  Mine will be in the mail in the next few days.
1’—>1’

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2013, 09:04:22 pm »
Just got home and my daughter informed me that I got mail and its cool so I got my knife and its cool nice job looks great Thanks .
bryan irwin

Offline Parnell

« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2013, 11:02:25 am »
Here are a couple of pictures from the other day when I received Kevin's knife.  What can I say, it's great and I like it very much!
I will be taking it hunting with me in two weeks up to the Green Swamp.  Hopefully I can put it to use doing some skinning.

Gratefully,

Stephen Parnell
1’—>1’

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2013, 03:58:37 pm »
Sweet blade sleek!!

That's one nice knife Parnell!! Ya got lucky!!

dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2013, 01:01:00 am »
The more I look at theat Scalping Blade, the more I like it...

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX