Author Topic: Need Sinew; have badger hides, knives, bitzenburgers, cedar shafts, drawknives  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Harman

Howdy. I need sinew. I'd prefer elk but will consider good length deer. I make my own bows and have some real old ones I want to back, so I'm hoping to build up a good quantity of sinew. I finally used up what I bought quite a few years ago.

I have a basement full of primitive and traditional archery goods. I'm sure we can make some type of agreeable trade. Some of the items include badger hides, flea market cedar arrow shafts (for refurbishing), knives, drawknives, spoke shaves, and bitzenburger fletching jigs.

I tried to post pics, but they didn't load. I can send you some. Thanks.

Offline Harman

Let me see if these pics will load.

Offline Harman

Here are some drawknives.

Offline Trapper Rob

Sent you a PM.

Offline DuBois

PM sent

Offline Harman

Update: The badger hide in the center is gone, but I have others similar to it. The small Case XX folding knife on the left is gone. The small patternmaker's drawknife is gone. I do have another one that needs a handle. My last wooden spokeshave is gone, but I still have metal ones--Stanley and Dunlop. I've traded another hide and some arrows but am still interested in more sinew if any of you want to jump in on this. Thanks.

Offline H Rhodes

I am interested in cedar shafts.  I have a lot of sinew,  but it is whitetail leg sinew and not more than four or five inch pieces.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Harman

I sent you a PM, hrhodes. Thanks.

Offline hedgeapple

I have deer sinew, probably 5 to 6 inches long.  I would be interested in the other small drawknife without a handle.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Harman

Dave, I'll send you a PM. Thanks.

Offline Harman

The badger hides are marked "Admiration Globe Fur Dyeing Corp."

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
I have a little bit of sinew. Pm me if interested. I'm looking for horn or knapped flint arrowheads at least a 3/4" wide
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!