Author Topic: Found some rock.  (Read 1032 times)

Offline ionicmuffin

Found some rock.
« on: September 07, 2013, 09:00:17 pm »
So I just found today some small rocks no bigger than my thumb squished into a circle. I think they are chert and or flint. This tells me that there should be more of these rocks out here and they look to be very beautiful and of good quality.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline ionicmuffin

Re: Found some rock.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 09:01:29 pm »
more

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 11:22:57 am »
Looks like very high quality agate, chalcedony or jasper.  Lok for bigger pieces and see what you can find. Man  it would be great stuff if you can find bigger pieces.
Steve

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 04:35:14 pm »
Didja pick these up in Wyoming?

Heard your school has a no cell phone rule.  Is that true?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 10:37:47 pm »
Thanks caveman! I will, I met a guy today who will be joining this website most likely and wants to start building bows but he talked about the nice chunks of rock you can find upwards of 300 lbs if you get lucky!

J Dub. Yes its true, I believe that it is a very good thing. They limit tech in the dorms and you don't have a cell so you don't have your face buried in a phone which is quite rude. I waste less time on the computer and put the time I do have to good use so I get the most of what I do. What do you think of that policy? Frankly we don't need them because that's not what our job entails, our job is to study the subjects we were given, on top of that we have a huge emphasis on the out doors. I had to do a 3 week backpacking trip over the course of 100+ miles that I carried a 60-65 lb backpack. It was very tough but very rewarding.

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 09:22:09 pm »
should add that I did pick them up in wyoming. They were on the gravel drive of our dorms. nothing big but there is stuff so i know it exists.