Author Topic: experimenting with crossbows.  (Read 2514 times)

Offline adb

Re: experimenting with crossbows.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 11:08:36 am »
You're going to put your eye out, kid.

Or someone else's! Yikes.

Offline keef

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 12:15:27 pm »
Just go and have some fun with it...Yes, it may break,( and show a bit of caution) but  you don't need to write a risk assessment for everything you do in life.
If you do hurt yourself, get a splinter or break a nail or something, for goodness sake don't tell anyone on here or you will get a stream of "I told you so" messages...LOL!
You are a teenager...Act like one ! 8)

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 12:19:24 pm »
Just go and have some fun with it...Yes, it may break,( and show a bit of caution) but  you don't need to write a risk assessment for everything you do in life.
If you do hurt yourself, get a splinter or break a nail or something, for goodness sake don't tell anyone on here or you will get a stream of "I told you so" messages...LOL!
You are a teenager...Act like one ! 8)

haha. thanks.
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline sleek

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 02:37:44 pm »
Hey kid, dont take my note of caution to you as discouraging. I just want to show you that it was unsafe and then show you how to make it safe. And like I said, its cool for sure. And good point about wrapping your fingers around the stock. Real cross bows can take off your fingers that way. remember that. Those sliding strings at speed are like razor wire.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »
Hey kid, dont take my note of caution to you as discouraging. I just want to show you that it was unsafe and then show you how to make it safe. And like I said, its cool for sure. And good point about wrapping your fingers around the stock. Real cross bows can take off your fingers that way. remember that. Those sliding strings at speed are like razor wire.

i won't forget that image in a hurry >:D
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline autologus

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 12:00:44 pm »
That thing looks about as safe as knapping glass with a BB gun.  Oh wait.................

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 07:19:18 pm »
That thing looks about as safe as knapping glass with a BB gun.  Oh wait.................

Grady

hmm. sounds like fun. ill start with windows >:D
London, England.

45#@28"