Author Topic: Tree-magedon snowstorm of Oct 2013  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Tree-magedon snowstorm of Oct 2013
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 08:26:28 am »
Wow ,what a mess,I feel for you.We don't get stuff like that around here ,but we do get ice storms that make the same kind of mess,takes years for the trees to recover,widow makers every where after one of them. Glad you came out un hurt. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 10:21:37 pm »
Thanks Pappy. 

I stood back and looked at the trees in my yard and decided most of the limbs I lost actually should have been taken out by a tree service.  I do have a couple of widowmakers up there that need to be looked into.  But they are in the range where if I fell it would ruin more than just a deer season. 

I gotta admit it was fun working together with neighbors to shovel out and buck branches.  Some of that P.A. Way is still lingering in the neighborhood, folks are waving to each other and making eye contact.  Just making lemonade outa the lemons.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 07:11:08 pm »
Hope everything is going alright for ya JW, really hoping your mews' did get too messed up! Just finished re-roofing mine after a gnarly windstorm, thankfully when the roof blew off my redtail was inside my house (I occasionally let him hang out on a perch inside)
At any rate I hope you're doing well and the weather stops beating on you!
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 09:02:03 pm »
I got a peregrine in the house right now.  A falconer up north passed away this summer and left no instructions for disposing of the bird.  The GF&P finally had to step in and asume ownership of the bird, they located a falconer in Virginia to take her.  I have been housing her this last week making arrangements to fly her on Delta Airlines.  She books out tomorrow morning at 5:45 and I am gonna miss her. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.