Author Topic: Got a new toy  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Got a new toy
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 07:11:05 am »
Very cool gun,I use to have one in the 44 mag,loved it,couldn't hit crap with it but still a very cool gun. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 08:31:37 pm »
I'm in also Hedge.  But i'll have to bring my blackpowder 45 cal 1851 Navy revolver.  Killed and doe with it 4 years ago at about 15 yards.   ::)  haven't shot it much since, might be good to bring it out of retirement.  :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 12:52:36 am »
Sounds like it's going to another great gathering with non-stop activities.  I am so looking forward to it.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Marks

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 12:50:42 pm »
I bought a SuperBlackhawk in .44mag this summer and had trouble controlling the recoil with the factory wood grips. The western style grips are too small for my hand. I bought a Hogue Monogrip for mine and it is awesome. It is rubber and ergonomic. Its wider and extends to give my pinky a place to rest. I now have much more comfortable grip and better control. It sacrifices the old west look but gains handling. And most importantly......ITS CHEAP!!

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 02:40:08 pm »
my hands are kind of small. I think the factory grips will be fine.  It's just that I am more used to the semi-auto grips of my Mark III.  And with the pinched nerve thing, the end of my index finger in numb.  I've got to learn to squeeze a trigger all over again, it seems.  But, I'll get there.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Marks

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 03:27:20 pm »

Offline seabass

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 05:20:19 pm »
here is the smokewagon i'll be bringing to moontree.superblackhawk 7 1\2 inch 44 mag.now I need to find some 44 special loads for target shooting.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline DLH

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 11:27:58 pm »
I have a pea shooter compared to you guys would that be accepted at Moon Tree or just laughed off the range? :laugh:

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 11:35:53 pm »
Bring the pea shooter.  I'll let you shoot my hand cannon if you want. 

I wish I still had my sawed off 20g.  Now that was a fun toy.  Pretty tough to hit a clay bird one handed with it.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 12:53:34 am »
Steve, I want to fire that smoke wagon to see if I can handle the recoil. And, I want to use the my Hornady shells to if it's the shells that cause the pain when I shot my S&W with it's 4 1/2 barrel.

Daniel, bring the pea shooter.  If my shooting really sucks, I might pull out the Mark III to boost my confidence. :)  Or, the S&W .22 mag with the 7 1/2" barrel.  I need to shoot that gun, anyhow.  I shot it well last January.

Mark, those grips look like they would help.  But I'm stubborn.  I'll have to prove to myself that I can shoot the gun well without them.  haha
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 01:10:07 am »
I'm so green with envy I can't muster up anything nice to say!!  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 02:03:43 am »
criveraville, it just pocket change.  Literally, it is actually pocket change and recycling beer cans.  I drop all my change in a jar and I recycle aluminum cans from the house.  I also, work at a gas station where I buy coins that at don't have a slot in the register, like half dollars and dollar coins.  I never miss a dollar here and there. You'd be surprised how quickly that adds up.  In the last 4 years I've bought a Henry .22, a Bersa Thunder .22 a Ruger .380 LCP, a Savage .270 and now this Blackhawk.  80% of the money to buy these came from the above method.  I did kick in a little here and there because I didn't want to wait another month to buy the gun.  The trick is NEVER tell your wife how much money you're saving this much money.  She'll find some other use for it like new drapes or something. haha
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline seabass

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 06:09:14 am »
you are welcome to shoot anything I bring with me Dave
Middletown,Ohio