Author Topic: Loins,hamburger,deer hide,and sinew[button buck]  (Read 12789 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Loins,hamburger,deer hide,and sinew[button buck]
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 11:32:59 pm »
That may seem like the solution to you Ryan.I've been a hound hunter all of my life.Coonhounds.Leg hold jump traps and hounds don't mix in my world.The coyotes around me get ran plenty with running coyote hounds of my friends and they take quite a few.That little bit of meat missing[5-10 pounds] from that deer don't bother me in the least.It's all about the hunt.That's about the third time I've said that.Think you oughta listen.The first thing people want to do is annihalate something that bothers them.Sad solution.The only time I try to annihalate something is when it tries to live in the house with me.Damage from native wildlife in my area costs me nothing to speak of.The benefits of being able to see watch and hunt wild life every day is something I want to keep.I did'nt need to even show that side of the deer but chose to to show everything about the hunt.
Most times I do prefer to hunt mornings but did'nt this time.It's all a part of the game.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 06:18:54 am »
Way to stick with it on the follow up and salvage what you could. Fine eating,Like Greg said the yots don't usually leave that much around here if they find one and have it all night. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 10:04:19 am »
Pretty time of year here in southern Iowa.Small portion picture of where I hunt shot towards my yard from 1/4 mile away.
BowEd
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 10:06:48 am »
Picture shot from my house back the opposite direction.
BowEd
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 10:12:46 am »
Always wanted to hunt on a Golf Course.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 07:54:23 pm »
Lol.....the camera does'nt show the panoramic view of this area.It's far from golf course country.Rolling hills with lots of timber on the side hills & draws.There are at least 4 saw mills within 20 miles of me.Perfect deer country.Outfitters have leased all of the available land around me.
BowEd
Ed

Offline RyanR

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 10:06:48 pm »
That may seem like the solution to you Ryan.I've been a hound hunter all of my life.Coonhounds.Leg hold jump traps and hounds don't mix in my world.The coyotes around me get ran plenty with running coyote hounds of my friends and they take quite a few.That little bit of meat missing[5-10 pounds] from that deer don't bother me in the least.It's all about the hunt.That's about the third time I've said that.Think you oughta listen.The first thing people want to do is annihalate something that bothers them.Sad solution.The only time I try to annihalate something is when it tries to live in the house with me.Damage from native wildlife in my area costs me nothing to speak of.The benefits of being able to see watch and hunt wild life every day is something I want to keep.I did'nt need to even show that side of the deer but chose to to show everything about the hunt.
Most times I do prefer to hunt mornings but did'nt this time.It's all a part of the game.

Ah, the trappers vs. Hound hunters. We deal with that up here. I can respect the concern with dogs and traps as I run a bird dog. The traps that scare the heck out of me are illegal set 330's on land. You don't have very much time and they are very strong traps.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 11:59:30 pm »
There's pros and cons to the houndmen vs. trappers issue.It only takes a few bad apples in the barrel to make it seem they all are bad.As far as 330's above ground if I spot em.They don't end up looking as tough as their supposed to be after I get done with them.
BowEd
Ed

Offline RyanR

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 06:32:14 am »
There's pros and cons to the houndmen vs. trappers issue.It only takes a few bad apples in the barrel to make it seem they all are bad.As far as 330's above ground if I spot em.They don't end up looking as tough as their supposed to be after I get done with them.

Yea, I guess the 220s are illegal on land now also as they should be. I use them underwater as they should be used. As much as I would want to destroy one on dry land if I saw it, I think I would call by buddy who is the game warden. If I take it or destroy it they will just do the same thing again. If he catches them that may stop them from doing that.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 01:12:08 pm »
Yes 220s' used to be legal above ground here too.Don't know about them nowadays though.
That's good to call the game warden.Your right but I've seen them 330s' above ground with no address tag on them before too.Which is against the law.The easiest most used way of trapping around here in Iowa is the snare.Hundreds of them set along fence lines so all they have to do is ride by with their vehicle to check em.That's fine.I've had a hound get caught in them too but because he's been lead broke and all he does'nt fight it so it did'nt kill him.Fur men have to get along.Fortunately most of my hunting with hounds was done year round entering nite hunts so the traps etc. dangers for my dogs were lessened quite a bit.Heck most times I only shot 30 to 40 coon during hide season.All of my hounds did it just for a pat on the head.Shooting scads of coon to them don't make them any better.They're creatures of habit like most things.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 04:11:00 pm »
Congrats!
Putting meat in the freezer with a bow is a great way to start the season.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline lowell

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 11:32:22 pm »
Very nice...congrats!!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 06:36:15 am »
Thanks fellas and good luck to you all yet too.
BowEd
Ed

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 01:39:07 pm »
Way to go! And that is a dang nice looking bow! Did you get that bow into the BOM?  ;) Just kidding....kinda.... :-[ dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 07:53:43 am »
No I did'nt bowtarist but in hind sight I guess I should have.I did enter one like it that was made out of hickory,sinew,and horn though.Trying to make one now out of black cherry only without the horn.
BowEd
Ed