Author Topic: Nice haul (rocks)  (Read 6396 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Nice haul (rocks)
« on: December 07, 2007, 09:21:13 pm »
Workin down south around San Antone again - just had to check that creek out ;D. The farmer said I could clean all the rocks out of his field for about a month if I wanted to, but I didn't hehe. Anywho, you can't really see flint in the pic but it's there, just gotta see through the cortex. I squatted the ole 3/4 ton and went home with it.
 Picked out a likely victim and went to work. Was a good peice, and is now a bunch of good peices ;D. Got the core  just about to the pressure flake stage and got tangled up with some of that TX concrete - oh well an arrow head and a blade are better than one big blade I reckon ;).

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cowboy

Re: Nice haul (rocks)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 09:24:09 pm »
continuation ;D.

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 09:26:19 pm »
bare with me, just a second here....

Offline cowboy

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 09:27:53 pm »
Shew! That's the most pic's I've ever posted at one time - scuse me whilst I get a towl to wipe off my brow ;D. Just feelin frisky tonight...........

Half Shaft

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 10:39:30 pm »
Wow, thats awesome!!!!!   I'd think that it was a spear point.  Thats what I'd do with it.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 11:44:18 pm »
I guess that's what it was gonna be Broken arrow - I didn't know at the time, just boppin. Made another haul today will post later.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 12:08:25 am »
That broken one looks way to familiar to me.  :'( Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 12:59:15 am »
Coooool.   Looks like your trip paid off.   8)

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 09:52:18 am »
   OOOHHH,,hate it when it does that,nice haul Paul.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 10:10:52 am »
Good looking rock. I thought that was an essential part of making big blades  ;D Seems like I do that more often than not on ones that size. >:(
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 11:16:54 am »
Dang that stuff is hard.  I don't know how you guys use it.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

CHUCKER

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 01:59:38 pm »
Cowboy thats nice stuff! If I had that much maybe even I could some day make a point!! :) Wife & I once visited Fort Richardson Off RT380 In Texas. Simular rocks there but had to fly home next day. You got to love them Texas washes!

Offline cowboy

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 08:44:58 pm »
Yea, that's purty standard procedure to not make any real big one's ;D. I gotta work on those isolation's a little more.
 Hey Chucker, you were near my old stompin grounds at Fort Richardson. It's actually on Hwy 199 in Jacksboro - 380 runs into it coupla miles down. Don't think theirs any flint around there, just a lot of limestone - but theirs points around, they had to find it somewhere.....