Author Topic: Kel's Warbow life.  (Read 14032 times)

Offline Archeress

Re: Kel's Warbow life.
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 08:08:48 pm »
Heres another way to get into my head..  My family history is english and welsh..i have had a fascination for medieval history since i was a kid.  I am going to england in 2015 to take part in the 600th anniversary of agincourt as an archer.  i live it an breathe it here.  as far as warbowing is concerned i am over the moon just holding my bow.  Arming it and drawing it back and loosing..i am still fascinated by this process..i feel the history in what i am doing.  almost to the point of accuracy not even being in the equation. 

For target though..my 70 pound elm has won me a couple of medieval comps here.  hitting a half man size knight at 50 metres for example with one shot.  for 3D shooting or ABA (australian bowhunting association) meets i am half as good as these crusty old men with there laminated recurves and shelf shooting...but i dont mind..i love the fun of it all.  Its warbow i take seriously
Archeress is a long way from home

Offline Atlatlista

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 08:24:30 pm »
50 yards on a human torso is pretty good shooting.  What do you think your effective range would be on man-sized silhouettes?  (Use the military definition of effective range, which is the range at which you hit more than 50% of the time).
So men who are free
Love the old yew tree
And the land where the yew tree grows.

Offline Archeress

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 08:35:18 pm »
Well i am about to find out on november 1oth when i can shoot clout to my hearts content.  I do recall a few months ago shooting my 110 pounder at a target pig at 30 metres..prob 5 out of 10.  this was at full draw behind the ear..looking at the target the whole time.

Offline Atlatlista

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 08:42:17 pm »
That's super-interesting.  Keep us posted on your clout round.
So men who are free
Love the old yew tree

Offline Archeress

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 08:44:12 pm »
I will make sure to video a few things also.

Offline Archeress

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 08:46:15 pm »
I found a vid from august this year fooling around with my 110..i am uploading it to youtube as we speak.  i will put it here when its done.

Offline Archeress

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 09:56:56 pm »

Offline Archeress

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2013, 09:58:36 pm »
just mucking about.  i have since changed a few things about technique..my feet are both now firmly anchored to the ground..my knees are bent and i am leaning over and forward a little.  attacking mode.

Offline Atlatlista

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2013, 11:54:44 pm »
Is the brace height on a warbow supposed to be that low?
So men who are free
Love the old yew tree

Offline Archeress

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013, 01:28:53 am »
hi..Brace height should be around 5 to 6 inches  but i keep this at around 4 1/2.  seems to suit it better.  this particular bow is made from a lamination of greenheart/greenheart and bamboo.  it recently has dropped to 105 but i have had it for a year now.  It is a very thin bow so i called it "the whippet".