Author Topic: Excited Green Pea....  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Wahinkpe Wakan

Excited Green Pea....
« on: October 21, 2013, 02:34:16 pm »
I am so very excited to have found this site and want to participate.  I have been reading posts and gleaning the info I have wanted and craved for years, (since 1971 when I started shooting) but being somewhat isolated from like minds I did not know where to go.  I have always wanted to make my own bow, arrows, and tips to hunt with and discuss what others have done to help me do it right.  I have a vast collection of prehistoric stone tools related to every aspect of various arrow shaft production, knapping tools galore, what I believe to be chert, flint, obsidian, petrified wood, and jasper in most every color,  but  I truly need help to identify exactly what material is what, as I only have internet research to go on and that is not hands on and I do not want to fail.  Any advice on what is what and which hardness to use would be greatly apreciated.  AND yes, I am willing to share which is why I spent last night literally in the Mississippi river up to my belly with light snow coming down retrieving about 75lbs more of what I hope is chalcedoney just in case there is a need.  I have not sorted through it yet as afterward, my fat arse was tired when the adrenaline wore off and it was late.  I have not seriously attempted to knapp yet so I really am a Green Pea, it is just I wanted to start off the right way with the right equipment and right advice. Thanks All, please forgive the babble, I just am getting obsessed at getting this lifelong dream going and meeting you all.  Best of Regards,  Scott
Now that I am old enough to know better, I'm too fat and set in my ways to get better

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Excited Green Pea....
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 05:01:04 pm »
Scott, welcome to PA, you'll like it here I'm sure. Post pictures of your artifacts in the Flintknapping section, I'm sure someone will be able to answer your questions. I'd loce to see some pictures of that Chalsedoney.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:24:05 am »
Welcome Scott,jump right in,I feel sure you will like it here,some of the most generous and helpful people you will fine anywhere.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wahinkpe Wakan

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:08:17 pm »
Thanks Guys for the welcome, I appreciate it and I'll post some pics if I figure out how.  I am starting to think I should have posted and asked earlier as it looks like I took a whack off the edge of a nicely made stone Celt artifact, and then also perhaps a polished axe head while looking for the stone to flake.  Guess checking as the sun goes down while standing in the river with sleet hitting you in the face should be discouraged?  Hope I am wrong as I am not an archaeologist.....but I am good at seeing clowns in the clouds!  Please give your opinion when I figure out where you are talking about and how to do it. Thanks and Enjoy the day!
Now that I am old enough to know better, I'm too fat and set in my ways to get better

Offline Wahinkpe Wakan

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 05:21:42 pm »
Tried to post pictures twice on the flintknapping thread before I realized it is closed to new posts