Author Topic: New Traditional Bowyer's Bible  (Read 47519 times)

Offline son of massey

Re: New Traditional Bowyer's Bible
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2007, 09:09:30 am »
   That sounds great.   I liked the "tips and tricks" and "favorite tools of the authors" sections of the originals.   I have also seen a lot of tips and tools posted here, as well as other places online.   Would it be possible to include something like this, possibly "jigs and things", or something similar?   If not, no sweat, it will still be the best book of '08 as far as I am concerned.   Thanks, SOM

Offline white wood

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2007, 10:28:43 pm »
wow a Traditional Bowyers Bible 4! i am pumped! honestly i dont think a week goes by that i go without picking up and looking through the bibles. seems like i always find exactly what i am looking for and more! If you guys(authors) would sign a limited amount of coppies for us that would seriously be my favorite book of all! without you guys writing the series i would never be doing what i love and enjoy doing now. a huge thanks for #1-3 and now #4! you guys are awesome! -jesse
Jesse Buzzell
 Gorham, Maine

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2007, 07:12:20 pm »
Steve Allely is going to be in this one right? If so tell him we need to have the dimensions on the modoc bows in this issue. Man I have been looking for that info everywhere and its tough to find. Also, more on west coast bows. There have got to be a ton more tricks to making these style bows thant there seems. Also, composite arrows from the west coast and how to make them. And, and ...and a cherrie on top would not hurt either!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Bill Derringer

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2007, 02:08:46 pm »
I would like to have a signed copy also.  I have all previous books and love them.
I am also one of the first subscribers to Primitive Archer.  Even donated money to get the mag. started.
I have every copy and will protect them with my life.
Have a great holiday all.   ;D

B.D.

Shakes.602

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2007, 08:10:40 pm »
 Could Someone PLEASE Tell me When and Where I can Get a Copy of this NEW BOOK??? I WANT ONE!!!<-------------Learned that from my son. ;D

yeomann

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2007, 05:47:54 am »
Hallo,

i'am new here at this board and will buy me the part 4 of the bible.
Unfortunately I come from Germany and must wait for the translation.
Is there the possibility to let autographed the book of the authors?

Sorry for my bad english :(

Offline jpitts

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2007, 01:14:19 am »
That wasn't bad at all Yeoman....much better than my German. ;D
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Jesse

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2007, 01:24:36 pm »
Im not sure if this will be read by the authors but if so I would love a signed copy. having lived in Africa I would be interested in a section on African bows and construction techniques. I know There is only so much room in your book and this was already covered somewhat in tbb3. Wishfull thinking thanks     Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Knocker

• Tumwater, Washington
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2007, 03:00:06 pm »
Since so many of our copies are tattered and worn, maybe the publisher will consider a limited run of signed four-book collector's sets?  Maybe snake skin bindings with sinew stitching?  Include a free Condor feather for a bookmark?   >:D

For what it's worth, I too would like to see more information about West Coast bows.  Especially the Pacific Northwest bows. 

Keith
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from
us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down
and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set
lightly upon you, and may posterity forget ...

Offline jpitts

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2007, 12:15:05 am »
I wonder if there will be any info on bows of the Mississippian peoples or maybe any new info from the many historical digs around the country.
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Gaitanson

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2007, 02:20:55 am »
Jim:

Hearing about a new edition to the Bowyer's Bible is thrilling. But please don't call it "Epilogue" because that might mean it really is the last one. Just call it #4 and keeping with tradition put four arrows over the cover bow. That way there can be a #5 and then a #6 and then.....

A.L. Gaitanson
South Texas

PS: How about something on making bows from hickory tool handles for those of us in the cactus and mesquite country who can't find hickory boards anywhere. And then how about a bow made from mesquite and also TX ebony.....