Author Topic: Ghosts  (Read 13316 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Ghosts
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:43:50 am »
I heard about this haunted bridge near my house so I had to check it out tonight on the full moon.  This is the only source of any info I can find on it.  http://www.hauntedhovel.com/volco-road-edgewater-florida.html

We didn't see or hear anything unusual but I'm wondering if any of y'all have ever experienced any unexplained phenomena.  let's hear the ghost stories!

The bridge as we approached.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

Re: Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:19:56 am »
I can always drum up a "logical explanation" for everything strange I see... right...
I've seen a family with bark hats walking down main street at 3am, almost crashed my car trying to not hit them.
Woke up screaming more than once to something in my room staring at me.

Burlington is haunted as all get out.  A lot of old pain hanging around.  Especially the hospital and New North End by the river.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:50:33 am »
Several things when I went to college in New England.  There is some strange stuff up there, for sure.

One of the most odd things that happened to me was my roommate and I back then saw a "ghostly" horse carriage with on an old highway in the woods of Connecticut at about 2 in the morning.  We were both sober ;D and it lasted for just a moment.  But, oddly enough we both saw it.  Weird.

Spent the night in a haunted place once.  House of a girl I was dating.  They'd seen an apparition many times there.  Her little baby brother wouldn't sleep in his room by his self.  It was an old Victorian house and I slept in the "attic" area, which was a finished room.  I heard someone come up the steps and sure enough...nothing there.

That's the short version of both.  I've got one more that I'll reserve for in person storytelling, however.
1’—>1’

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 02:35:34 am »
All my co-workers swear there's one where I work. I have heard things in there myself. They want to get a medicine man in there.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 08:22:47 pm »
Oooh all interesting stories.  I would have expected there to be more folks with stories.  Some weird stuff has happened in this planet's history and many things still unexplained. 

One of my friends claims to have seen a WWII Japanese soldier in an old bunker on the island he was camping on.  I've seen some weird stuff but I won't attribute it to ghosts.  Maybe more to conspiracy theories. lol
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 01:38:05 am »
Around here, and especially on the Rez, ghosts are taken very seriously. So are Skinwalkers. Everyone has stories of them. No one has to have seen a Skinwalker for them to believe very strongly they exist. If something bad happens without an immediate, obvious cause, it can be attributed to a Skinwalker in some cases. Ghosts, or the suspected presence of one, can require the intervention of a medicine man. In the case of a Skinwalker, especially so. 

Offline thomas h

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 12:50:09 pm »
our local hospital has a 3rd floor and it was used for the terminally ill up until the late 60,s now it is a maternity ward and there are so many story's about sounds and apparitions something has to be  going on, my wife is the charge nurse on 3rd shift and says several of the help lights are constantly coming on even in the empty rooms the maintenance dept has checked the wiring many times but the still come on.she has actually entered rooms and can here people moaning and crying for help.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 05:17:23 pm »
Dang that's some freaky stuff! 

I'm interested in some of the native American stuff as well. 

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 07:31:26 pm »
Around here, there's Spirits and then there's spirits. Spirits of natural things or places like springs, mountains, and so forth are good. Spirits of deceased people are not things people like to have contact with. A medicine man usually costs money for services rendered, so the spirits of deceased people showing up is not something people appreciate. A Skinwalker, now, this is a living person who uses shapeshifting ability to come around and cause harm. A Skinwalker usually shows up as a coyote. So, my coyote skin quiver is not something I'd show up with to shoot bow with Navajos.

Also, arrowheads are worn around the neck for protection, often against evil or negative forces. Certain color arrowheads are sought after. And, also, arrowheads have gender depending on the style of the point. Certain colors are reserved to gift to the medicine man. Also, there are ceremonies for protection where very tiny arrowheads are tied into the hair. The side it is tied on depends on the gender of the person. For a man, it is the side he carries his bow. For a woman, the side she holds her cooking paddle. This is because the man carries the bow and the woman carries the paddle to defend his/her people against hunger. Arrowheads have very deep meanings here and are taken very seriously. Also, an arrow is hung above the door to protect the house against evil. An arrowmaker or knapper is looked upon with respect regardless of the reason they make the arrows or points. The gift of an arrow or arrowhead is a very special gift and very deeply appreciated. It's considered a privilege for someone just to see the arrows you made. Bows, arrows, and arrowheads have very deep meanings here and have deep spiritual significance attached to them.

Offline coxral

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 01:14:47 am »
I could write enough stories here to take up several pages. Long story-short, when I was younger I lived a VERY, VERY, WILD lifestyle! Anyway, I always had very BAD dreams about super natural stuff. Not long after I got married to my 2nd wife, and still current, she started noticing this. She is a 'sensitive'. One night we both awoke to me levitating about 6" off the bed with a big black cloudy mass around me. I couldn't speak normal, she said I was growling and stuff (normal noises I'd make during my nightmares). When she reached out and touched me I dropped, came fully awake, and we both watched the cloud go to the far high corner of the room. It stayed there for a brief moment then disappeared. We both felt the BAD feeling it had. Later, I was told by someone who deals in this stuff that I had a neon 'Open' sign above me for all the bad things I'd done and the lifestyle I'd lived. He told me to do the prayers my wife told me to do and things would calm down. They have! But you ask my wife about all the nights leading up to this!    BOO!!!  >:D

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 01:47:29 pm »
Yep, they exist, end of story. I saw a UFO once as well.

Offline Marks

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 02:54:35 pm »
Hope I don't rile any of you up but I don't believe in the whole ghost/haunting thing. I believe everyone has a soul but I don't believe they stay behind and do stuff. I do believe in Angels and Demons but I'm not sure where I stand on how they work in modern times. But the whole I saw an apparition walking up the stairs or screams in the night, I don't buy it. Who knows maybe I'm wrong. Its happened a time or 2.

Eric- UFOs. Not one bit.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 03:00:10 pm »
At work one night I was taking apart a piece of equipment when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.  I turned around thinking it was one of my coworkers but no one was there.  I was working about 20 yards from the spot where 2 guys were killed in the late 80's.  It kind of gave me the heebie jeebies.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 04:54:10 pm »
Hope I don't rile any of you up but I don't believe in the whole ghost/haunting thing. I believe everyone has a soul but I don't believe they stay behind and do stuff. I do believe in Angels and Demons but I'm not sure where I stand on how they work in modern times. But the whole I saw an apparition walking up the stairs or screams in the night, I don't buy it. Who knows maybe I'm wrong. Its happened a time or 2.

I think I'm on the same page with you.  However, I'm not going to rule it out just because I've never experienced anything and that all the reports are poorly or not documented.  Until we have some evidence to hold we can't say they do or don't exist.

Offline Marks

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 05:01:02 pm »

I think I'm on the same page with you.  However, I'm not going to rule it out just because I've never experienced anything and that all the reports are poorly or not documented.  Until we have some evidence to hold we can't say they do or don't exist.

Well of course I don't believe anything I see on TV even though I enjoy watching those ghost shows. As far as things that go bump in the night and seeing shadows, I feel like our brains play tricks on us. It is proven that when our eyes have trouble seeing things that our brains fill in the gaps. I don't believe in that stuff but you stick me in dark unfamiliar place and I'll be as paranoid as the next guy. Again, I've been wrong before.....once or twice.  O:)