Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4686624 times)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #20100 on: Today at 06:58:23 pm »
Josh showed up, I gave him a 30 year old Osage stave and he jumped right in on it with a little help, it has been 15 years since he made a bow and only 2 back then, but he listens good and is pretty handy with tools. I got my Osage out to low brace, this is a tricky one with lots of twists in the limb/knots and some waves in the back, I always run a pop line across the bow from tip to tip while on the tiller stick, it gives me a good look at how it would look at brace and usually first brace is very even.  :) On one like this you also have to be sure and look at both sides to get the real picture.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20101 on: Today at 07:02:04 pm »
A couple of bows Josh built 15 years ago, 1 yew and one snaky Osage, still shooting. We got the new one down to bow size and ready to floor tiller, he had quite a good day and stayed with it. I got mine out to 30@15, looking pretty good and should come in about what I am looking for 45/50@26.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20102 on: Today at 07:04:41 pm »
Bob and the girls came by just hanging out in the napping pit, finding stuff others have discarded and trying to learn to flint knap. Great weekend, hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good